SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Current date data problem in SSRS

Current date data problem in SSRS

Author
Grass
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi all,

Trying to get data by month for current month and previous month in ssrs but couldn't able to get it. I was using this statement in procedure:

IF @CurrentDate IS NULL
BEGIN
SET @CurrentDate = DATEADD(MM, -1, GETDATE())
END

This gives me records up to Jan and not for Feb month. I want also Feb month in there. How should I write this. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
Lynn Pettis
Lynn Pettis
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)

Grass (2/28/2013)
Hi all,

Trying to get data by month for current month and previous month in ssrs but couldn't able to get it. I was using this statement in procedure:

IF @CurrentDate IS NULL
BEGIN
SET @CurrentDate = DATEADD(MM, -1, GETDATE())
END

This gives me records up to Jan and not for Feb month. I want also Feb month in there. How should I write this. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

How are you using the variable @CurrentDate? It would help to see the actual query involved.

Cool
Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Grass
Grass
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)

@CurrentDate in the procedure is as a parameter and Set to NULL. So in the SSRS report the user will not enter the date. Only input the other information and the report should pull the data for past months including the current month as well. So far if I use the logic mentioned above works to return up to Jan month.

Thanks
Lynn Pettis
Lynn Pettis
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)

Can't see from here what you see there. There really isn't enough information to help you unless all you want are shots in the dark.

Cool
Lynn Pettis

For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables

Erin Ramsay
Erin Ramsay
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (829 reputation)SSC Eights! (829 reputation)SSC Eights! (829 reputation)SSC Eights! (829 reputation)SSC Eights! (829 reputation)SSC Eights! (829 reputation)SSC Eights! (829 reputation)SSC Eights! (829 reputation)

I'll take a shot in the dark. You're setting the current date to last month. Try setting it to this month.

DATEADD(mm,0,getdate())
Grass
Grass
SSC Journeyman

I tried DATEADD(mm,0,Getdate()) also and the current month but didn't get the previous month. Need previous months and current together.
Lynn Pettis
Lynn Pettis
SSC-Forever

Without seeing the code we can't give you the answers you want. It is a black box and all we can do is shoot in the dark.

Cool
Lynn Pettis

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.