SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

report needed for auditors...

report needed for auditors...

Author
Gonzo
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members

What I need is a report or spreadsheet that I can hand over to auditors that shows every permission that every user has on every object in every database.

Does anyone have a comprehensive script/report that would meet these objectives...

I have several servers with many databases on each one, so to keep doing this by cut and paste is a real pain...

Even if there was a third party product that would generate such a report, that would work, I just haven't found one.

Yelena Varshal
Yelena Varshal
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members

Run a query that will use sp_MSforeachDB stored procedure that will execute SQL statement for each database. The statement that you want to execute will be 'Select * from syspermissions' I was oK running this on master, but my workstation's memory was not enough when I tried to select &* from syspermissions on the production database. Moreover, I would recommend to join syspermissions with sysusers and sysobjects because there are only id numbers in syspermissions and auditors would like to see real names. Otherwise the syntax is:

EXEC sp_MSforeachdb 'select * from syspermission'

Regards,
Yelena Varshal

Antares686
Antares686
SSChampion
SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)

Group: Moderators

Try this script it will tell you not only what the users have permissions on but what user defined roles they may be getting it thru.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/contributions/268.asp

It doesn't give system roles but you can get that from one of the SQL built in SPs.

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.