i have been doing some research on moving my Team Server Foundation Databases from one Drive, to another, on the same Server.
I am doing this because it is currently on the C Drive, but that drive is incredibly small and i am running out of space.
i found this thread which details the steps i need to take, but needless to say, i am still nervous about following something i have only just found.http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/tfssetup/thread/b09fcd23-0b65-4e93-82aa-10757d3425af
Edit: for those that dont want to click the link, the steps within are:
1. Stop IIS and the TFS Server Scheduler (windows service)
2. Detach the following databases. From Management Studio, right click on the database - tasks->detach. Do this for the following databases tfsActivityLogging, TFSBuild, TFSIntegration, TFSVersionControl, TFSWarehouse, TFSWorkItemTracking, TFSWorkItemTrackingAttachments.
3. Copy the databases (in step 2) and log files to your new location.
4. Attach the databases (in step 2) and log files
5. Restart IIS and the TFS Server Scheduler (windows service)
i'm looking for your advice, really. do the steps make sense? are there any gotchas that i should be looking out for?
any steps i should be taking, or ensuring are already in place, before starting?
edit: the reason why i have the word 'all' in my Topic Title in inverted commas, is because i'm not quite sure what 'all' the data would be.
i'm going on the assumption that moving everything relating to Team Server will keep things clean and logically placed.