SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

How to deal with boastful colleagues?

How to deal with boastful colleagues?

Author
UnionAll
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)SSC Veteran (256 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I've a colleague who is driving me insane. This person interferes in every conversation, and boasts himself.

When I speak to my boss or any other users about technical issues or new ideas, he interrupts and takes over explaining how things work (tech details), how he had done it in the past, and a lot of unrelated stuff.

He projects that he knows it all and he has answers for everything.

On the otherhand, I don't talk much. I get it done and show the results. I don't tell anyone how long or how hard I had to work to get it done. And when he interrupts, I'm forced to take the back seat.

Who should I face this professionally? I've a feeling my management is buying what he is doing.
naga.rohitkumar
naga.rohitkumar
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (848 reputation)SSC Eights! (848 reputation)SSC Eights! (848 reputation)SSC Eights! (848 reputation)SSC Eights! (848 reputation)SSC Eights! (848 reputation)SSC Eights! (848 reputation)SSC Eights! (848 reputation)

first give a warning to him not to interrupt in your way the way should be like this u should warn him but he should not take personally but he has to realize what he's doing to you
so you wait for the time and act like him against him if he asks you for the same then say him do u relished now ?? in this way only you are interrupting me from so many day so better mind your work " if not i have to report to higher level "

Thanks
Naga.Rohitkumar
Andrew G
Andrew G
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)

This is going to sound unconventional, but I would try to find some common ground with your colleague. I'm guessing they're new to the team and have something to prove, otherwise this would have been annoying you for a while. Maybe find out about the work they've done in the past, maybe it will be impressive.. if it is, ask why they're working there? Explain your history and experience and you could possibly learn a few new things from each other. Even though you are annoyed, you're going to need to be the bigger person and make friends.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.