Joie Andrew - I don't think there's a way to reset the password from the application other than the change password option each user is given on the login page - unfortunately this requires the old password.
So what you could
try for future scenarios is something like this:
- Create a new user in the application and setup a known password
- Query for that user in the database
- Note the value of the encrypted password column for the known password
- If a user needs a password reset and does not know the password update that user record to have the password match what you set in step one
- Have the user reset their password in the application using the password you set in step one as the "old password"
Joie Andrew"Since 1982"