SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

autogrowth

autogrowth

Author
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (237K reputation)SSC Guru (237K reputation)SSC Guru (237K reputation)SSC Guru (237K reputation)SSC Guru (237K reputation)SSC Guru (237K reputation)SSC Guru (237K reputation)SSC Guru (237K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
sqlfriends (11/29/2012)
So, it doesnot send any kind of alerts to DBA proactively?

If you've configured alerts, you get alerts. If not, you don't (how would SQL intuit who to send alerts to?)

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

MyDoggieJessie
MyDoggieJessie
SSChampion
SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)

There are many SQL Server Events, SQL Performance Condition Alerts, as well as WMI Events that can be set up rather easily under SQL Server Agent >> Alerts.

Settings up these alerts gives you the option to specify a response i.e. (notify a particular operator), and additionally specify if you want to Email, Page, or netsend the event should one occur.

These are free :-P

SSChampion
SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)

Thanks, we do have sql agent alerts setup, I wonder if it is the Severity 17- insufficient resources that does the work?
I never got the alert because we have a diskspace check job so I can take care of the space proactively.

But just wonder it is the above insufficient resources alert will be triggered if there is no enough file space for mdf file and ldf file.

Thanks,
MyDoggieJessie
MyDoggieJessie
SSChampion
SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)

If you create a custom alert for SQL Error # 1101 or 1105 (not sure exactly which is which, you can Google that) it will send you an alert should your data file become full and it is unable to grow

SSChampion
SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)

MyDoggieJessie (11/29/2012)
If you create a custom alert for SQL Error # 1101 or 1105 (not sure exactly which is which, you can Google that) it will send you an alert should your data file become full and it is unable to grow
in this case DBA will reactively respond there (DIsk is full now what to do :w00tSmile , but here person should be informed proactively.

-------Bhuvnesh----------
I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.