SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

'Negative sizes are not allowed' !?

'Negative sizes are not allowed' !?

Author
davdam8
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi,

While clicking in a textbox, wich is suppose to redirect me to another report, I get this error message:
'The value of the top property for the textbox 'textbox1' is negative. Negative sizes are not allowed'.

Do you any solutions?

Thanks
Regards
robert.gerald.taylor
robert.gerald.taylor
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)

davdam8 (10/11/2012)

While clicking in a textbox, wich is suppose to redirect me to another report, I get this error message:
'The value of the top property for the textbox 'textbox1' is negative. Negative sizes are not allowed'.

What is the value of the top property? Is the error for a textbox on the source report? or the destination report?

Just wondering,
Rob
H4K
H4K
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (241 reputation)SSC Veteran (241 reputation)SSC Veteran (241 reputation)SSC Veteran (241 reputation)SSC Veteran (241 reputation)SSC Veteran (241 reputation)SSC Veteran (241 reputation)SSC Veteran (241 reputation)

Under which section is the 'top' property located for a textbox in SSRS ?

I am not getting it.
Is it under Location section which is not editable ?

BI Developer
SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, IBM Cognos, IBM Infosphere Cubing services, Crystal reports, IBM DB2, SQL Server, T-SQL
Please visit... ApplyBI
Steven.Howes
Steven.Howes
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (872 reputation)SSC Eights! (872 reputation)SSC Eights! (872 reputation)SSC Eights! (872 reputation)SSC Eights! (872 reputation)SSC Eights! (872 reputation)SSC Eights! (872 reputation)SSC Eights! (872 reputation)

I assume this text box is part of a table or matrix? What about the location of the parent object?
Thato
Thato
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (168 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (168 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (168 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (168 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (168 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (168 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (168 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (168 reputation)

I don't know if you are still experiencing this problem, but what I'd suggest you do is, locate the "textbox1" in your report. Once you've selected the "textbox1", go to the properties. Look for the position property which actually lets you specify the distance of your object from the containing/parent object. Probably the "top" property is a negative size, maybe something like -0.00004mm or -2mm, whatever the case maybe, change that value to a positive number or just make it zero, anything but a negative number.
davdam8
davdam8
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)

Thanks
I've already solved the problem and to be honest, don't remeber how.

Regards!
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.