Hi Mister Maggo,
Thanks for your fast replay. so atm you are writing an addIn? in Which language you gonna develop it??
Hi there, sorry for the long delay, I guess I missed your follow-up.
I am writing it in (shhh! don't tell) vb.net
I know, it's not cool, it's not the "programmer's language", but hey, it's what I know and it works well for me.
Things are going well and I have been using the addin myself for a couple of months now.
So far, I have implemented the following:
1. Query history - stored in a local database, with search facility (I have about 3-4 years of history in there - imported from my SSMSToolsPack history - and it takes a second or two to search through everything)
2. Template query text - for new query windows, insert template code and position cursor.
3. Grid tweaks
a) Freeze panes (like Excel) for those really wide result sets.
b) Quick Maths (like Excel) show total, average, max, min, count for selected cells (including complex selections)
c) Alternate row colouring to aid viewing. (like old dot matrix fanfold)
d) Script results grid as CREATE TABLE with correct data types - makes it easier when you have created your select statement and want to then create a table to insert the results into, without using SELECT .... INTO.
** all these work for multiple result sets, of course. **
Features to come, if I can :
1. Dynamic zoom (font size) on the grid. (definitely possible, but will it be useful/look right?)
2. Save queries to disk (for synchronisation across devices, where they cannot access the same database) (can do, just haven't yet)
3. Results archiving - needs a lot of thought, although definitely possible, it would use up a lot of disk space and cause security issues, so maybe...
4. Better code folding - the standard region handling in 2012 is terrible and I can improve it, but it's low priority.
5. Anything else that I feel like adding.
So annoyed, I can get my 2008 Addin to work on 2012 except for one tiny little part, so I have to have two versions...BAH!
Anyway, it works on 2008 and 2012, not tested on 2005 because I never use it.
I will probably ask if anyone wants to test it out soon, but I need to test it myself for a bit longer first because I don't want to spend time supporting it.
I would imagine if I do release it, it will be free but closed source in case I later decide to charge, but I like the free model, so I can say 99% sure that there would always be a free version for those that can't afford to pay.
select geometry::STGeomFromWKB(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orum Etiquette: How to post Reporting Services problemsForum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - by Jeff ModenHow to Post Performance Problems - by Gail Shaw