Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Lookup

Lookup

Author
eobiki10
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi All,
Can someone help me with this problem? I have a table with product Id and another table with product Id and product names. I want to do a lookup on the 2nd table to return all the names of the product id. Please remember the second table contain more than 3 names of the same Product Id and I want all the names to appear. I tried the normal lookup ie Lookup(Fields!Productid.Value, Fields!Productid.Value, Fields!ProductName.Value, "Products") but it is returning just one of the ProductNames and I want it to return all the productnames .
davdam8
davdam8
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (180 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (180 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (180 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (180 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (180 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (180 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (180 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (180 reputation)

Hi, it seems that we are having the same trouble.
In my case, I want the stage name of my project, where the stage name is in DataSet1 and Project in DataSet2.
The result I'm having is the same 'Stage Name' for all projects, wich is wrong...
Have you found the solutions yet?

Thanks
eobiki10
eobiki10
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)SSC Journeyman (93 reputation)

Hi,
I do not think your problem is the same as mine. As a matter of fact, I do not think mine is possible with a lookup. I have to find another way of presenting my report without doing a Lookup ( creating another Dataset ). Yours can be done using the lookup formula I presented except if didnt get your question.
Daniel Bowlin
Daniel Bowlin
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)

I can think of a few ways to do this

SELECT ID.ProductID, Name.ProductName
FROM Table1 AS ID
INNER JOIN Table2 AS Name
ON ID.ProductID = Name.ProductID

or

SELECT ProductID, ProductName
FROM Table2 AS 2
WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Table1 AS 1 WHERE 1.ProductID = 2.ProductID)

Both should give you a recordset you can use in your report.
sanjeewan99
sanjeewan99
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)

Hi ,
Go to this link explained Look with example
http://www.bi-rootdata.com/2012/10/lookup-function-in-ssrs.html
H4K
H4K
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)

Maybe try using LookUpSet function for one-many relationship...

BI Developer
SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, IBM Cognos, IBM Infosphere Cubing services, Crystal reports, IBM DB2, SQL Server, T-SQL
Please visit... ApplyBI
Steven.Howes
Steven.Howes
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)

I haven't used this before but BOL(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms157328.aspx) had this...

Join(LookupSet(Fields!Productid.Value, Fields!Productid.Value, Fields!ProductName.Value, "Products"),",")
eobiki10
eobiki10
SSC Journeyman

You guys got it. I was looking at Functions in the report model and it didnt specify to use Join in the lookupSet
sanjeewan99
sanjeewan99
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (120 reputation)

Hello,
You can use lookupset function of SSRS for more detail see this link
http://www.bi-rootdata.com/2012/10/lookup-function-in-ssrs.html
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.