SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Check status of SPN?

Check status of SPN?

Author
Error Handler
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (848 reputation)SSC Eights! (848 reputation)SSC Eights! (848 reputation)SSC Eights! (848 reputation)SSC Eights! (848 reputation)SSC Eights! (848 reputation)SSC Eights! (848 reputation)SSC Eights! (848 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Check status of SPN?

Best,
Naseer Ahmad
SQL Server DBA
bitbucket-25253
bitbucket-25253
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)

Oh my .. had to shake the cobwebs out of my brain cells to remember this one.

But a very good question - never hurts to refresh the basics.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read

Before posting a performance problem please read
SQLPhil
SQLPhil
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)

Having gone through lots of painful conversations about kerberos authentication, how it works and how to set it up there are some things that get cemented in your brain.

This being one of them! :-)
Rune Bivrin
Rune Bivrin
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.5K reputation)

I couldn't even remember what an SPN was, but I figured -R should be RESET, and -D should be DELETE. That left -L for LIST. Good thing the tool writers are a bit logical at times...

Just because you're right doesn't mean everybody else is wrong.
Stewart "Arturius" Campbell
Stewart "Arturius" Campbell
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)

Interesting question. haven't dealt with this in ages, so needed to rack the grey matter a bit.

(Bob Brown)
(Bob Brown)
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

Not familiar with SPN but the question got me to look it up. Thanks.
Thomas Abraham
Thomas Abraham
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)

(Bob Brown) (8/22/2012)

That's probably the best benefit of QotD. You get people posting questions about their pet peeves and the gotchas they have encountered. A smart person figures out how to solve their own problems. A wise person learns from the experience of others, so as to avoid the problems they have encountered.

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
Connect to me on LinkedIn
Dana Medley
Dana Medley
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)

Thomas Abraham (8/22/2012)
(Bob Brown) (8/22/2012)

That's probably the best benefit of QotD. You get people posting questions about their pet peeves and the gotchas they have encountered. A smart person figures out how to solve their own problems. A wise person learns from the experience of others, so as to avoid the problems they have encountered.

Wow Thomas, you got deep this morning. It's a little too early for me to be coming up with things like that. Hehe

Great question. It really made me dig into my brain matter and sit back and think. Good news I guess is now I have something I can brush back up on.

Everything is awesome!
EL Jerry
EL Jerry
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.7K reputation)

I haven't worked with Kerberos authentication, so I had to look it up. Interesting to learn.

"El" Jerry.

"A watt of Ottawa" - Gerardo Galvan

To better understand your help request, please follow these best practices.
mtassin
mtassin
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (9.9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.9K reputation)

I've done too much with Kerberos....I was glad that I remembered this.

Kerberos authentication is my preference because once it works, SQL authentication stops being a "why the hell can't it log in?" type of thing when using Windows Auth....

--Mark Tassin
MCITP - SQL Server DBA
Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
For help with Performance click this link
For tips on how to post your problems
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.