Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Passed 70-433 yesterday (yay!). Now 70-451 or short path to MCSA 2012?

Passed 70-433 yesterday (yay!). Now 70-451 or short path to MCSA 2012?

Author
g_demetriou
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi guys and girls. I passed the 70-433 exam yesterday on the second attempt. I missed out by 2 questions first time round which was disappointing but got 870 this time.

Now I'm debating whether to go for the 70-451 which seems to have no official microsoft books, or go for the short track to MCSA in SQL 2012. Ive never used 2012 and dont know how different it is or if there's much study material about. Im completely self taught via online resource and books and would rather continue to study in the same way, rather than official classroom courses.

What do you guys think, and can anyone suggest reading material for both 70-451 (MCITP 2008) and 70-457 (Part one of the short track to MCSA 2012) if there are any?
Mark Eckeard
Mark Eckeard
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)

What are you thoughts on the 70-433 exam? I'll be taking mine within the next few weeks.

Mark

g_demetriou
g_demetriou
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)

I thought it was ok. As long as you have fully read and revised the official 433 microsoft book. I also had to personally do extra revision on XML, CLR, and performance related questions (as I didn't have much professional experience on these). I would also recommend doing lots of practice exams from the CD with that book. You get used to the wording of the questions and the potential slip ups.
Mark Eckeard
Mark Eckeard
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (133 reputation)

Are you referring to this book?

http://www.amazon.com/MCTS-Self-Paced-Training-Exam-70-433/dp/0735626391/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345394494&sr=8-1&keywords=70-433

Some of the more negative reviews made me shy away from buying it. Normally I don't mind typos in a book but IT books really should be as accurate as possible due to the numerous code included and I see many references to inaccurate code samples.

Mark

g_demetriou
g_demetriou
SSC Rookie

That's the one. I thought it was a good book. It has about 200 questions in the training kit exam software too. Not saying it covers everything 100%, as you have to brush up on a few of the details online.
sainatth.wagh
sainatth.wagh
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)

Hi,

I want to take the 70-433 exam.
When enquired with prometric they replied saying this exam has been retired. But in the post saw many people took this exam.
Can someone please guide me on how to enroll or register for this exam?
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)

70-433 has not been retired yet. It's going to be retired next July
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-433&locale=en-us

Book it online via the Prometric website

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

sainatth.wagh
sainatth.wagh
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)

Can you please sent me link where I can register for the exam.
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)

The prometric website (http://www.prometric.com/)

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

sainatth.wagh
sainatth.wagh
Grasshopper

Hi,

I have went through the site already and when i tried to register the prometric sent me mail saying the exam has been retired. So i have replied back to prometric saying the exam is valid till July 2013.
Also is there any other website where i can apply for exam.

Thanks and awaiting your reply:
Sainatth Wagh
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.