SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Exporting to excel

Exporting to excel

Author
jdbrown239
Old Hand
Old Hand (308 reputation)Old Hand (308 reputation)Old Hand (308 reputation)Old Hand (308 reputation)Old Hand (308 reputation)Old Hand (308 reputation)Old Hand (308 reputation)Old Hand (308 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
How do I get my report to filter data by tabs when it is exported to excel?
anthony.green
anthony.green
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

You would need to insert a page break in the report, that way when it renders to excel it will but what ever is between the page brakes in a new workbook.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
When a question, really isn't a question - Jeff Smith
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

jdbrown239
jdbrown239
Old Hand
Old Hand (308 reputation)Old Hand (308 reputation)Old Hand (308 reputation)Old Hand (308 reputation)Old Hand (308 reputation)Old Hand (308 reputation)Old Hand (308 reputation)Old Hand (308 reputation)

How do I add the page breaks?
jdbrown239
jdbrown239
Old Hand

I found it here thanks http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd207058(v=sql.105)
jdbrown239
jdbrown239
Old Hand

Now i am trying to get the tab name of each work sheet to display the name of the group for the page break. Any ideas?
peterzeke
peterzeke
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)SSChasing Mays (654 reputation)

SSRS 2005 doesn't appear to have a way to name excel worksheets.

SSRS 2008 R2 can name Excel worksheets when a report is exported -- see Robert Bruckner's blog post:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/robertbruckner/archive/2010/05/16/report-design-naming-excel-worksheets.aspx

jdbrown239
jdbrown239
Old Hand

Thanks. I found the way to name the worksheet tabs by setting the page break expression.

The problem now is is the column headers do not show on each page although i have the tablix property for column headers to repeat across each page in report builder 3.0. Any ideas?
Gazareth
Gazareth
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)

jdbrown239 (7/26/2012)
Thanks. I found the way to name the worksheet tabs by setting the page break expression.

The problem now is is the column headers do not show on each page although i have the tablix property for column headers to repeat across each page in report builder 3.0. Any ideas?

Ran into that myself today - there's instructions here
Not exactly obvious! :-)
jdbrown239
jdbrown239
Old Hand

Thanks for the tip. When I changed the 'Repeat on each page' for the static column I got this error when I tried to preview the report.

The tablix 'Tablix1' has an invalid TablixMember. All TablixMember elements in a TablixColumnHierarchy must have the RepeatOnNewPage property set to false.
Gazareth
Gazareth
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)

Yeah, I did the same!
It's actually the Row Group you need to set it on.
Think the KeepWithGroup option needs to be set too for it to work.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.