You could try this (it worked for me when I installed SQL Server 2008 over my SQL Server 2005 instance and SQL Server 2005 databases - after I could not get any data from my Server). I copied my database and log files and opened it on another SQL Server 2005, then running following step:
1. Open SQL Server 2005 Management Studio Express, connect to your server.
2. Open the New Query window [(just below menu (File, New...)].
3. Type USE db (or whatever name of your database is, for instance if your db name is USA, type USE USA).
4. SELECT * From table1 (table1 is a name of table that you want to save on your computer) AS data.
5. Find button on the top-right side of that window and above that should be named Results to file (third line from the top, 11th, command after command Execute, just point mouse above each of commands and search for one called Results to file...).
6. Click F5 on key board
7. Click it and when new window opens up choose a location of your data. In file name type whatever you want and after type, for example data.txt (data is a name of your file, let's say).
It should get your data in text file on your PC from your SQL Server table.
I hope this could be useful to you.
Fr. ivan Delic