Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

The Beginning of April

The Beginning of April

Author
Welsh Corgi
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Too bad April Fool's did not fall on a work day for most of us.Hehe

For better, quicker answers on T-SQL questions, click on the following...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/

For better answers on performance questions, click on the following...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/
GSquared
GSquared
SSChampion
SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)

As usual, I spent the day telling people who were barefoot or in sandles, et al, that their shoes were untied. Told my dogs that too, of course.

Put white food coloring in some milk.

Swapped out the sugar for some sucrose.

The dogs thought the shoelaces bit was funny.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
TomThomson
TomThomson
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

As usual, I was in Spain on April 1st. The only people around here who have heard of April Fool's Day are expats. In northern Spain (about 1200 miles from here), near the French border, some people (a minority) have heard of it (and play tricks whose victims are "pescados de Abril" if they fall for them; but for some incomprehensible reason are not "peces de Abril" if they aren't caught) but even there, it's not like it is in the USA and other countries where the April Fool's Day tradition is live. Here it is 28th December instead of 1st April.
So it's still true that all the humour questions have a particular cultural bias. I suppose that's inevitable though.

Tom

TomThomson
TomThomson
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

GSquared (4/2/2012)
As usual, I spent the day telling people who were barefoot or in sandles, et al, that their shoes were untied. Told my dogs that too, of course.

Put white food coloring in some milk.

Swapped out the sugar for some sucrose.

The dogs thought the shoelaces bit was funny.

You should have tried telling that one to cats. Or was the white coloring in the milk for them?

Tom

Revenant
Revenant
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)

GSquared (4/2/2012)
As usual, I spent the day telling people who were barefoot or in sandles, et al, that their shoes were untied. Told my dogs that too, of course. . . .

How many dogs do you have?
GSquared
GSquared
SSChampion
SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)

Revenant (4/2/2012)
GSquared (4/2/2012)
As usual, I spent the day telling people who were barefoot or in sandles, et al, that their shoes were untied. Told my dogs that too, of course. . . .

How many dogs do you have?

Two.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
EL Jerry
EL Jerry
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)

Being close to the USA border helps understanding their culture. Learning English in a Mexico-based USA-cultured institute helps even more.
Got my points, but no practical jokes yesterday since here in Mexico they are played, like in Spain, on December 28th.

Thank you, Steve, for the question.

"El" Jerry.

"El" Jerry.

"A watt of Ottawa" - Gerardo Galvan

To better understand your help request, please follow these best practices.
Britt Cluff
Britt Cluff
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)

Why is this not 100% on the correct responses?

http://brittcluff.blogspot.com/
Latheesh NK
Latheesh NK
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (739 reputation)Right there with Babe (739 reputation)Right there with Babe (739 reputation)Right there with Babe (739 reputation)Right there with Babe (739 reputation)Right there with Babe (739 reputation)Right there with Babe (739 reputation)Right there with Babe (739 reputation)

Why not satire? Points only to "Practical Joke" is not justified.
Lost 7 points anyway.
GSquared
GSquared
SSChampion

sqlzealot-81 (4/3/2012)
Why not satire? Points only to "Practical Joke" is not justified.
Lost 7 points anyway.

Would have been even better if he didn't give any points for any answers. Then the question itself would be an April Fools joke! w00t

Property of The Thread

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.