SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

London Job Market

London Job Market

Author
pef
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi all.

After working in Seattle USA for the last 15 years, due to family commitments, I need to move back to the UK and would like to find contracting gigs in London or the South east.
I am out of touch with with the UK market, and would like some insights on the availability of work right now giving the troubles in the economy, and what sort of rates would be realistic.

Also, can anybody recommend some good agencies to contact. Ideally I would like to have something lined up before moving.

So, I have 10 years+ development experience with SQL Server development working for Microsoft, Expedia, At&T and a few others.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Patrick

pef
GSquared
GSquared
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)

Have you tried using LinkedIn to contact any connections from that area? I've found that useful in researching this kind of thing.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
anthony.green
anthony.green
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

put your CV up on the job boards like totaljobs.com/jobsite.co.uk/monster.co.uk/contractjobs.com, you will get plenty of agencies contacting you.

i've just started a new role and i'm still constantly being called by agencies saying they have plenty of work in London

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
When a question, really isn't a question - Jeff Smith
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

SKYBVI
SKYBVI
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

pef (2/27/2012)
Hi all.

After working in Seattle USA for the last 15 years, due to family commitments, I need to move back to the UK and would like to find contracting gigs in London or the South east.
I am out of touch with with the UK market, and would like some insights on the availability of work right now giving the troubles in the economy, and what sort of rates would be realistic.

Also, can anybody recommend some good agencies to contact. Ideally I would like to have something lined up before moving.

So, I have 10 years+ development experience with SQL Server development working for Microsoft, Expedia, At&T and a few others.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Patrick

I tried to get job by contacting thru totaljobs.com /jobsite BUT all need that we have UK citizenship / living there....
Is it the case with you?

Regards
sKYBVI
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.