Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

System proc sp_SysInfo to get

System proc sp_SysInfo to get

Author
gvarol
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item System proc sp_SysInfo to get
ericb1
ericb1
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)

trying to save this as a stored procedure in SQL2005, but am getting an error: Cannot assign a default value to a local variable.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
gvarol
gvarol
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)

sql 2005 does not allow assigning values to a variable during declaration. You can have the declare done first and then assign the values to the declared variables.
I have not tested this script on sql 2005, I do not have one setup. If things do not work as a complete package in sql 2005 you can get rid of the pieces that does not work and use the rest if you'd like.
gvarol
gvarol
Grasshopper

A sample if you need it

--SQL2008++
DECLARE @i INT = 5,
@k INT = 6
GO
--SQL2005++
DECLARE @i INT,
@k INT

SELECT @i = 5,
@k = 6
GO
-- SQL2005++
DECLARE @i INT,
@k INT

SET @i = 5
SET @k = 6
ericb1
ericb1
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (104 reputation)

when trying to copy and paste this script into my SQL manager studio, it gives me a ton of "Incorrect syntax near ' '." errors due to the characters spaces in each line. Am I copying this wrong from the site, or is there an easier way to remove these so the script will run?

thanks!
gvarol
gvarol
Grasshopper

try to copy and paste into word first and then paste it to notepad to see if the off characters are removed then copy it to management studio.
Iwas Bornready
Iwas Bornready
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.7K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.7K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.7K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.7K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.7K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.7K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.7K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.7K reputation)

Thanks for the script.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.