SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Among other errors: SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread to process a new...

Among other errors: SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread to process a new login or connection.

Author
Kenneth Fisher
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.5K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
My SQL Server instance has crashed 2ce in the last week now with the same symptoms.

My monitoring software shows nothing by way of CPU or IO pressure and then all of a sudden we start seeing the error:

There is insufficient system memory to run this query.

Then after a few minutes we see large numbers of this error:

SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread to process a new login or connection. Check the SQL Server error log and the Windows event logs for information about possible related problems. [CLIENT: 162.123.210.178]

At that point we are no longer able to connect to the instance. The server itself is still not showing any problems. Once the instance has been restarted everything appears to clear up.

After the 2nd occurrence I was able to find an additional error that occurred a few minutes before the first error:

The client was unable to reuse a session with SPID 75, which had been reset for connection pooling. This error may have been caused by an earlier operation failing. Check the error logs for failed operations immediately before this error message.

But I couldn't find any evidence of it in the log for the first occurrence. Of course by the time I checked some of the log for that period had rolled off.

I have a SQL Server 2005 SP2 build 3353 standard install on Windows NT 5.2 SP2 build 3790.

The server has 4 CPUs and 6gb of memory.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where I can start looking?

Kenneth FisherI strive to live in a world where a chicken can cross the road without being questioned about its motives.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------For better, quicker answers on T-SQL questions, click on the following... http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/For better answers on performance questions, click on the following... http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/Link to my Blog Post --> www.SQLStudies.com
michaelberry67
michaelberry67
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (21 reputation)Grasshopper (21 reputation)Grasshopper (21 reputation)Grasshopper (21 reputation)Grasshopper (21 reputation)Grasshopper (21 reputation)Grasshopper (21 reputation)Grasshopper (21 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I am sorry no one replied. do you know how you solved this issue? I am having the same!
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.