SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Database in Restoring State

Database in Restoring State

Author
robymon78
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I need to Restore the Database with NoRecovery, when i did like this, Database is showing in Restore State, can't do anything for the Database. I am doing the Database Mirroring, for this i need to Restore the DB with NoRecovery.

Following is the sql i used to restore the database, Please check this sql and tell me any mistake in this sql.

RESTORE DATABASE Test FROM DISK = N'D:\DB\Test.bak' WITH FILE = 1, MOVE N'Test' TO N'D:\SQL_Files\Test.mdf', MOVE N'Test_log' TO N'D:\SQL_Files\Test_log.ldf', NORECOVERY,REPLACE, NOUNLOAD, STATS = 10
GO
steveb.
steveb.
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)

when you restore with no recovery then the database will be in a 'restoring' state, until you bring in online. so what you are seeing is correct.

This is required for the mirrored database, and the mirrored database will not be able to be used only the principal database will be used in mirroring.
Suresh B.
Suresh B.
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)

robymon78 (9/7/2011)
I need to Restore the Database with NoRecovery, when i did like this, Database is showing in Restore State, can't do anything for the Database. I am doing the Database Mirroring, for this i need to Restore the DB with NoRecovery.

Following is the sql i used to restore the database, Please check this sql and tell me any mistake in this sql.

RESTORE DATABASE Test FROM DISK = N'D:\DB\Test.bak' WITH FILE = 1, MOVE N'Test' TO N'D:\SQL_Files\Test.mdf', MOVE N'Test_log' TO N'D:\SQL_Files\Test_log.ldf', NORECOVERY,REPLACE, NOUNLOAD, STATS = 10
GO

There is NO mistake in your sql. Restore state is the correct state. Go ahead and configure Database Mirroring.
robymon78
robymon78
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)

I am getting the following Error Messages when i click Start Mirroring. what could be the problem.

An error occurred while starting mirroring.

------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Alter failed for Database 'Test'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.1600.22+((SQL_PreRelease).080709-1414+)&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Alter+Database&LinkId=20476

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

The server network address "TCP://ECDOSD-MISimage:5022" can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and that the ports for the local and remote endpoints are operational. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 1418)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.00.1600&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=1418&LinkId=20476
steveb.
steveb.
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)

have you checked the server can be reached from the other server?

are the mirroring end-points enabled?
robymon78
robymon78
Forum Newbie

I can connect other server through sql authentication. How can i check the TCP connection. when i configure the Mirroring it is not putting the IP address, showing TCP://ECDOSD-MISimage:5023. how can i check this? Mirror end point is started.
Perry Whittle
Perry Whittle
SSCoach
SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)

are the servers used in the mirroring part of a windows domain or are they in a workgroup?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" ;-)
robymon78
robymon78
Forum Newbie

servers are in the Workgroup.
Perry Whittle
Perry Whittle
SSCoach
SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)

to configure database mirroring for servers in a workgroup you will need to follow this link as the GUI tries to use Windows authentication only

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" ;-)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.