SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Holiday List

Holiday List

Author
joe.booth
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Holiday List
temp3 14272
temp3 14272
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (30 reputation)SSC Rookie (30 reputation)SSC Rookie (30 reputation)SSC Rookie (30 reputation)SSC Rookie (30 reputation)SSC Rookie (30 reputation)SSC Rookie (30 reputation)SSC Rookie (30 reputation)

This function has Fathers' Day on 6/12 this year. It was actually on the 19th. I don't have the time to check the rest.
joe.booth
joe.booth
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)SSC Journeyman (85 reputation)

Thanks, I thought that had been fixed, but I think I sent the script prior to the fix....

Father's day is actually the third Sunday in June, the script has the second Sunday....

IF @nYear>=1910 INSERT INTO @Holidays (Holiday_name,Holiday_date)
    VALUES ('Fathers Day',dbo.FloatingDate(2,1,6,@nYear)) -- 2nd Sundy in June

Change the dbo.FloatingDate(2,1,6,@nYear) to
dbo.FloatingDate(3,1,6,@nYear)

and tweak the comment...
temp3 14272
temp3 14272
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (30 reputation)SSC Rookie (30 reputation)SSC Rookie (30 reputation)SSC Rookie (30 reputation)SSC Rookie (30 reputation)SSC Rookie (30 reputation)SSC Rookie (30 reputation)SSC Rookie (30 reputation)

A nice addition would be a "Federal" bit column or maybe a @FederalOnly parameter.
ken.trock
ken.trock
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

They're not exactly holidays but the start and end of daylight savings time. Maybe I'll see if I can tack it on.

Ken
joe.booth
joe.booth
SSC Journeyman

Good suggestion, I'll take a look and see if I can add that and submit a revised script...

Thanks...

Hope you found the function helpful
ken.trock
ken.trock
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

Joe, definitely a useful script. Some weird things when in the formatting of indentations. I copied all the code out of the block and pasted it into SSMS. Won't compile due to the way those line leading tabs or spaces are interpreted. Maybe something on my end.

Ken
SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)

ken.trock (6/24/2011)
Joe, definitely a useful script. Some weird things when in the formatting of indentations. I copied all the code out of the block and pasted it into SSMS. Won't compile due to the way those line leading tabs or spaces are interpreted. Maybe something on my end.

Ken

That happens from time to time with scripts on SSC.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)

Nice script - thanks for sharing.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

joe.booth
joe.booth
SSC Journeyman

I fixed the script to handle Father's Day properly

I revised the script to handle daylight savings start and end dates...

I also replaced all tabs with spaces, so hopefully that will allow it to load without errors
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.