SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

LogShipping

LogShipping

Author
Pradyothana Shastry
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item LogShipping

- Pradyothana

http://www.msqlserver.com
M&M
M&M
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)

Not in Primary should also be correct.

M&M
Henrico Bekker
Henrico Bekker
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.4K reputation)

mohammed moinudheen (2/21/2011)

Got it right, but was a bit confusing, as I agree that there are multiple correct answers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)

Nice easy question, thanks.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?
My blog at SQLKover.

MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)

That is not true.
Not in Primary is the same as saying: on every server that is not the primary server. This could include a monitor server. However, the copy job is not installed on the monitor server.

Edit: it is debatable if there isn't a monitor server. But then again, if there is one obviously correct answer and another "with much doubt" correct answer, what would you choose?

My blog at SQLKover.

DugyC
DugyC
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)

I like it when I learn something new from this, had to do a bit of reading but got there in the end. Yay!

Agree regarding "Not in Primary" being the wrong answer, although worded in such a way to catch the unwary out, the fact is that the Monitor server (if employed) would not have a copy.

SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)

all of these answers could be correct.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
george sibbald
george sibbald
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)

Koen Verbeeck (2/22/2011)

That is not true.
Not in Primary is the same as saying: on every server that is not the primary server.

How so? Without more detail in the question Not in primary can only mean its not installed on the primary, which is a correct answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
DugyC
DugyC
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)

You are very true George.

Maybe the OP was giving a point for peoples ability to filter out the wheat from the chaff and not be pedantic...

;-)

SSC Guru

george sibbald (2/22/2011)
Koen Verbeeck (2/22/2011)

That is not true.
Not in Primary is the same as saying: on every server that is not the primary server.

How so? Without more detail in the question Not in primary can only mean its not installed on the primary, which is a correct answer.

I understand your point.
I was looking at the phrase "Not in Primary Server" from a logical (mathematically speaking) view, where you can translate "Not in Primary Server" into "Installed everywhere else".

A little farfetched, but hey, I didn't have my morning cup of coffee when I posted that...

My blog at SQLKover.

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.