I just recently passed my SQL Server 2005: 70-431 exam. For that I used the Official Microsoft Training Kit and brain dumps.
Brain dumps are good for knowing what kind of questions to expect, this site is brilliant and the articles are very informative but call me old fashioned I also like to have a good ole fas
Brain dumps are cheating. They are actual questions taken from the actual exams. Using them can result in your certifications being revoked or even a permanent blacklist against ever writing further exams.
See the Microsoft exam policy: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/exam-policies.aspx
Quote from that page (tab 2):
Exam Security and Integrity:
Efforts to keep Exams secure help maintain the value of Microsoft Certification and help ensure that only qualified information technology professionals are certified.
The Examinee may be prohibited from taking any Microsoft Certification Exams, and/or may be decertified from Microsoft Certification Program if Examinee violates this Exam Agreement and/or engages in any misconduct. Proctors are authorized to take immediate and appropriate measures against Examinees who violate testing rules. This policy is enforced to ensure the integrity of the Exams and Microsoft Certification Program. Examples of misconduct and/or misuse of the Exam include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Modifying and/or altering the original results/score report for this Exam or any other exam records
* Violation of the current exam retake policy
* Fraudulently impersonating another to gain access to the Exam
* Submission of any work that is not completely your own
* Providing or accepting improper assistance
* Using unauthorized materials in an attempt to satisfy Exam requirements (this includes using brain-dump material and/or unauthorized publication of Exam questions with or without answers)
* Disseminating actual Exam content
* Possession of non-authorized items at the testing center during an Exam
* Misconduct as determined by statistical analysis
* Copying, publishing, disclosing, transmitting, selling, offering to sell, posting, downloading, distributing in any way, or otherwise transferring, modifying, making derivative works of, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or translating any Exam in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose
* Using the Exam content in any manner that violates applicable law
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)SQL In The Wild
: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass