Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Connection Strings 101

Connection Strings 101

Author
Nakul Vachhrajani
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Connection Strings 101

Thanks & Regards,
Nakul Vachhrajani.
http://nakulvachhrajani.com
Be courteous. Drive responsibly.

Follow me on
Twitter: @sqltwins
Google Plus: +Nakul
Hardy21
Hardy21
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

Nice article Nakul. Thanks :-)

Thanks
Pinal Dave
Pinal Dave
Valued Member
Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)

Nakul,

This article is very impressive. I think I am fortunate to know you in person.

Wonderful resource. Bookmarked myself.

Kindest Regards,

Pinal Dave
sqlauthority.com
SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (22K reputation)SSC-Insane (22K reputation)SSC-Insane (22K reputation)SSC-Insane (22K reputation)SSC-Insane (22K reputation)SSC-Insane (22K reputation)SSC-Insane (22K reputation)SSC-Insane (22K reputation)

Thanks for the article. This resource could prove useful.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

shelleybobelly
shelleybobelly
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (34 reputation)SSC Rookie (34 reputation)SSC Rookie (34 reputation)SSC Rookie (34 reputation)SSC Rookie (34 reputation)SSC Rookie (34 reputation)SSC Rookie (34 reputation)SSC Rookie (34 reputation)

Hey, thanks for the article. Very inclusive and detailed! For a quick reference, I've used this site for years (it is easy to remember): http://connectionstrings.com/
Nakul Vachhrajani
Nakul Vachhrajani
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)

Hello!

Thank-you, all for taking the time out and reading my article during the holiday week-end.

I really appreciate your kind support and am proud to be a part of such a wonderful community.

Have a nice holiday week ahead! I wish you all a very happy, and prosperous New Year!

Thanks & Regards,
Nakul Vachhrajani.

Follow me on
Doug Bishop
Doug Bishop
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)

When I saw the subject on the SSC home page, I though to myself, "Oh no, not another article with connection strings cut-and-pasted from any number of the thousands of web pages that provide them. However, I was pleasently surprised. A well written article with good information. Thanks.
Nakul Vachhrajani
Nakul Vachhrajani
SSCommitted

Doug Bishop (12/27/2010)
When I saw the subject on the SSC home page, I though to myself, "Oh no, not another article with connection strings cut-and-pasted from any number of the thousands of web pages that provide them. However, I was pleasently surprised. A well written article with good information. Thanks.

Thank-you, Doug for taking the time out and giving my article a chance. I am really happy that you enjoyed reading the article and also hope that you have a good last-week-of-the-year!

Happy Holidays!

Thanks & Regards,
Nakul Vachhrajani.

Follow me on
Andeavour
Andeavour
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)

Hi Nakul,
I'm hoping you're still monitoring this thread. I'm looking for some help in making a UDL connector mirror aware. In the "All" tab I've entered "Failover Partner=<servername\instance>" but this doesn't seem to be recognised as a parameter.
For UDL is it "Failover Partner", "Failover_partner" or "FailoverPartner" for the parameter name?

Cheers,

Andy

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.