SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Extremely slow report rendering in SSRS 2008 R2 in Internet Explorer 8

Extremely slow report rendering in SSRS 2008 R2 in Internet Explorer 8

Author
darryl.gay
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi- Your problem is that on your report there is a setting that says "Keep together" if possible on your table and/or page. Uncheck that option and it will render to multiple pages. Also check for that setting at the group break level. -DG
joy.mullins
joy.mullins
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)

Refer to this article on Parameter Sniffing. I encountered the same problem and utilized Option 2 and the problem was resolved. :-)

http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/t-sql-programming/parameter-sniffing/
emontalvo000 1197
emontalvo000 1197
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

This actually fixed the problem for me. By looking at the server logs, I was able to determine that the problem wasn't SSRS but the client side. Following your suggestion, the report started to work right away.

Thank you so much for posting this.
Rick
MMartin1
MMartin1
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)

I think this is related to why I get faster results in SSMS when I export to text rather than to grid. The rendering engine plays a part in the whole data displaying assembly process.

----------------------------------------------------
How to post forum questions to get the best help
ehussein
ehussein
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Could you please tell me what solution you used to fix the issue?
Thannks
joy.mullins
joy.mullins
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)

Go to this link:
https://www.simple-talk.com/sql/t-sql-programming/parameter-sniffing/

Search for:
Option 2: Disabling Parameter Sniffing

This is what resolved the issue for me.
toni.myyrylainen
toni.myyrylainen
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

darryl.gay (4/12/2011)
Hi- Your problem is that on your report there is a setting that says "Keep together" if possible on your table and/or page. Uncheck that option and it will render to multiple pages. Also check for that setting at the group break level. -DG

Thanks darryl - this really made my day. I tried to debug the report processing times and also tried the IE compatibility mode but the problem was solved once I unchecked the page break option "Keep together on one page if possible".
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.