I'm guessing that you are referring to me when you say "To SSC Veteran".
I'll keep my comments short.
1) My name is not "To SSC Veteran" unless you are directing your comments to ALL SSC Veteran. If you are directing your comments, you should use their name.
2) Not suggesting that you are a "Bad" DBA. Just noticing that Professional (top end) DBAs will take code found here or anywhere, analysis it, try it on there test servers and comment back on their findings. They don't complain about the original code but will help out in making the code work.
3) I still stand in defense of this site and still believe that they don't have the time or man power to test every single code and/or article submitting. It should be up to the author to do their best in testing their code and ensuring accuracy of their articles. Sometimes this doesn't happen. But it's free so really why complain.
4) Remember your options when using a script found here. Either help in making it better for everyone or don't use it.
5) Lastly (as I don't want to make this a story) Positive and constructive comments will help make this site better and will help the author to make better contribution the next time. Help out when you can and if you can at least acknowledge that someone else has at least tried to make a contribution.
Try submitting your own code or article, you will then see that there is always someone who doesn't like it. But that's just the way it goes. I know as I have several articles and script here.