SSRS Subscription Requirements:
Brief Information about the Reports
· We have two SSRS parameterized reports which are linked. First report has a link to the other report.
· Both of the reports have same parameters and second report accepts all parameters from first report when we click on the link in the first report.
· One of the parameter is the first report is Lan Id which is accepting our User Name.
· Parameters have cascading logic applied.
Tasks to be done:
· We need to create 12 subscriptions for the first report and 13 subscriptions on the second report.
· These subscriptions are based on different combinations of the parameter values selected in the drop down which will give different output of the single report (multiple filter results of the same report).
· We need to subscribe these reports to a share point site.
Issues We are facing:
· As per my analysis, we can opt for standard subscription only for one instance of the report and those parameter values we need to specify as default values in the rdl file.
· In this requirement as we are opting for multiple subscriptions of the single report; I think we need to go for Data Driven Subscription. Is it correct?
· But when I click for new Data Driven subscription I get an error saying:
“Data-driven subscriptions cannot be created because the credentials used to run the report are not stored, the report is using user-defined parameter values, or if a linked report, the link is no longer valid.” (In my case credentials are stored)
· Can I create Data Driven subscription for a report having multiple parameters?
· Can I create Data Driven subscription for a report having a link to other report?
Issues facing to deliver reports on share point site:
· Can we deliver reports to share point site using Windows File share?
· Or Do I need to have a share point integrated mode report server?
· If so need details whether we can modify the report server to achieve that?