SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

A user you are following, "...", has posted new content: but I'm not following this user

A user you are following, "...", has posted new content: but I'm not following this user

Author
ALZDBA
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (75K reputation)SSC Guru (75K reputation)SSC Guru (75K reputation)SSC Guru (75K reputation)SSC Guru (75K reputation)SSC Guru (75K reputation)SSC Guru (75K reputation)SSC Guru (75K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Today I received an email A user you are following, "...", has posted new content: but I'm not following this user

"Thom A", has posted new content:

Johan

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere w00t

- How to post Performance Problems
- How to post data/code to get the best help

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt ?

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution :-D

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me Alien but most of the time this is me Hehe
Thom A
Thom A
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (48K reputation)SSC-Forever (48K reputation)SSC-Forever (48K reputation)SSC-Forever (48K reputation)SSC-Forever (48K reputation)SSC-Forever (48K reputation)SSC-Forever (48K reputation)SSC-Forever (48K reputation)

ALZDBA - Thursday, September 14, 2017 12:40 AM
Today I received an email A user you are following, "...", has posted new content: but I'm not following this user

"Thom A", has posted new content:

As much appreciate you following me, I have to agree, you're not one of my followers. I have, however, noticed that I've had this happen a couple time where I've had an email saying I'm following someone. It has turned out that, indeed, that my account said I was though; so I either imagine it's a glitch in the matrix or I've somehow managed to accidentally click the follow link (possibly in the overlay panel when you hover over a user's avatar).

I'm guessing that now that as you don't appear in my follower's, that the issue is fixed? Otherwise you'll be getting two emails for this topic. Smile

Thom~
Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does :-P

Please always remember to encapsulate your code in IFCode Markup. For example [code=sql] [/code].
Click here to read Jeffs Guide on how to post SQL questions, and get swift and helpful answers from the community
ALZDBA
ALZDBA
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (75K reputation)SSC Guru (75K reputation)SSC Guru (75K reputation)SSC Guru (75K reputation)SSC Guru (75K reputation)SSC Guru (75K reputation)SSC Guru (75K reputation)SSC Guru (75K reputation)

as my devs often say: 'the server must have had a hiccup' ;-)

Let's hope SSC gets this fixed.

Johan

Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (351K reputation)SSC Guru (351K reputation)SSC Guru (351K reputation)SSC Guru (351K reputation)SSC Guru (351K reputation)SSC Guru (351K reputation)SSC Guru (351K reputation)SSC Guru (351K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Submitted a ticket to see if we can track this down. Johan, when you looked, was Thom listed as someone you were following?

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
ALZDBA
ALZDBA
SSC Guru

Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Thursday, September 14, 2017 9:31 AM
Submitted a ticket to see if we can track this down. Johan, when you looked, was Thom listed as someone you were following?

No

Johan

Steve Hall
Steve Hall
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Thursday, September 14, 2017 9:31 AM

I've had that happen a handful of times too. Somebody I've never even heard of before and I'm not following. It will happen once for that person and never again.

Steve Hall
Linkedin
Blog Site
bmg002
bmg002
SSChampion
SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)

I had this happen to me a few times too. One time it was a spam bots post that it claimed I was following. I still have copies of the emails if there is anything in them that might be helpful.
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (351K reputation)SSC Guru (351K reputation)SSC Guru (351K reputation)SSC Guru (351K reputation)SSC Guru (351K reputation)SSC Guru (351K reputation)SSC Guru (351K reputation)SSC Guru (351K reputation)

Be good to forward these on to the webmaster. We can drop them in a ticket and see if we can repro.

bmg002
bmg002
SSChampion
SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Friday, September 15, 2017 9:12 AM
Be good to forward these on to the webmaster. We can drop them in a ticket and see if we can repro.

Can do. I see at least 2 in my inbox that are not from people I follow.
If you let me know where to send them (as attachments so you retain the mail header properties) I can pass it along.

Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru

webmaster @ this domain

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.