SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL Server in Space - HASSP

SQL Server in Space - HASSP

Author
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (224K reputation)SSC Guru (224K reputation)SSC Guru (224K reputation)SSC Guru (224K reputation)SSC Guru (224K reputation)SSC Guru (224K reputation)SSC Guru (224K reputation)SSC Guru (224K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item SQL Server in Space - HASSP

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Eric M Russell
Eric M Russell
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (43K reputation)SSC-Forever (43K reputation)SSC-Forever (43K reputation)SSC-Forever (43K reputation)SSC-Forever (43K reputation)SSC-Forever (43K reputation)SSC-Forever (43K reputation)SSC-Forever (43K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
This was an interesting article, and it highlights some of the challenges engineers face when getting technology to work in extraordinary environmental conditions, like naked exposure to extreme sub-freezing temperature. It's not the first time that SQL Server has been running in space. This document released by the International Space Station Program back in March 2000 appears to contain an inventory and description of software installed on "payload laptops" used by station crew members for monitoring and operational tasks. It mentions SQL Server in addition to Windows NT Server, ISS, Internet Explorer, Outlook 98; basically the typical Microsoft server / client stack of that time period.
http://www.spaceref.com/iss/computer/iss.ops.lan.icd.pdf

"The universe is complicated and for the most part beyond your control, but your life is only as complicated as you choose it to be."
robert.sterbal 56890
robert.sterbal 56890
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)

I've been trying to catalog my 200,000 photos over 3 decades. I need a database, but still haven't settled on one.
Eric M Russell
Eric M Russell
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (43K reputation)SSC-Forever (43K reputation)SSC-Forever (43K reputation)SSC-Forever (43K reputation)SSC-Forever (43K reputation)SSC-Forever (43K reputation)SSC-Forever (43K reputation)SSC-Forever (43K reputation)

robert.sterbal 56890 - Tuesday, September 5, 2017 8:31 AM
I've been trying to catalog my 200,000 photos over 3 decades. I need a database, but still haven't settled on one.

Wow, that's a lot of photos. If you spend an average of 10 seconds reminiscing each one, it end up being 555 hours total. Then again, it will be a goldmine later in life.

"The universe is complicated and for the most part beyond your control, but your life is only as complicated as you choose it to be."
robert.sterbal 56890
robert.sterbal 56890
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)

Eric M Russell - Tuesday, September 5, 2017 8:57 AM

Wow, that's a lot of photos. If you spend an average of 10 seconds reminiscing each one, it end up being 555 hours total. Then again, it will be a goldmine later in life.

It would be nice to know how many are duplicates.

200,000 frames is less than 2 hours of a 30 frame per second movie.

Eventually I want to be able to make photomosaics by subject on demand.

Avi1
Avi1
Say Hey Kid
Say Hey Kid (712 reputation)Say Hey Kid (712 reputation)Say Hey Kid (712 reputation)Say Hey Kid (712 reputation)Say Hey Kid (712 reputation)Say Hey Kid (712 reputation)Say Hey Kid (712 reputation)Say Hey Kid (712 reputation)

robert.sterbal 56890 - Tuesday, September 5, 2017 9:54 AM

200k is lot. I was working on organizing 15k+ photos in folders and it took a while. Make sure to use the DuplicateFileFinder first to delete the duplicates.

Eric M Russell
Eric M Russell
SSC-Forever

Avi1 - Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:46 PM
robert.sterbal 56890 - Tuesday, September 5, 2017 9:54 AM

200k is lot. I was working on organizing 15k+ photos in folders and it took a while. Make sure to use the DuplicateFileFinder first to delete the duplicates.

You'll never get around to viewing all these photos until you're retired from work, but what a trip down memory lane it will be.

robert.sterbal 56890
robert.sterbal 56890
Hall of Fame

I'm looking toward a couple of open source projects to tag the images:

https://github.com/cmusatyalab/openface

https://github.com/TadasBaltrusaitis/OpenFace

and I'm hoping there will be a few others.

The photos are stored by decade/year/month/day and the format for the names is:

YYYY-MM-DD_HH-mm-ss_old-or-edited-name.jpg

a typical path is .\photos\by-date\2010s\2017\2017-04\2017-04-12-Wednesday\2017-04-12_12-23-23_img0030.jpg
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.