- need to setup a "linked server" from our SQL Server 2012 standard edition to our Hadoop system
- I understand there is an odbc driver available for HIVE and also some Cloudera drivers available
- I have researched this and have struck out so far
- Furthermore I know that accessing Hadoop requires Kerberos authentication.
- I understand SQL Server 2016 has support for Hadoop, but that won't accommodate our immediate need for SQL 2012
Has anyone setup a LINKED SERVER in SQL 2012 to Hadoop? Any feedback here is greatly appreciated. Thanks