SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Not rendering all page breaks in PDF export

Not rendering all page breaks in PDF export

Author
kevin.unglesbee
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (592 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (592 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (592 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (592 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (592 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (592 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (592 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (592 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I have a report is ssrs, it consist of a main report which has a header containing the page number and 2 sub reports (report page 1 and report page 2) within a tablix. Report page one comes first, then report page 2 displays on the next page after the end of report page 1. The subreports can be anywhere from 1-3 pages. The page numbering is reset between each set of report page 1 and 2 (so if page 1 is 3 pages and page 2 is 2 pages, it goes from page 1-5, then resets). These are called for each record (with grouping) from the main reports' query. The report is around 1000 pages total. It renders perfectly on screen, but when I try to export to PDF, it will sometimes (like 1 time in the 1000 pages) display part of report page 2 on a page (as expected, the page number matches with it), then it will start printing report page 1 of the next group on the same page.

Here is the layout of the main report:

Here is the document outline for better understanding:

And here is the page that is wrong...

This is what it should look like (the last page of sub-report page 2 even has just the total record like the broken one!

I have tried everything I can think of. I have tried (i think) every combination of page breaks on the rectangles and groups, I have tried making a tablix with 2 rows using the same group and again tried every combination of page breaks. I have tried changing the number of records on a page. I have tried changing the consume whitespace option on both sub and main reports. I have tried adding both calculated and random amounts of white space. I have recreated the report from scratch a couple times. I'm sure there's more, but it would be like going through a full feature list of SSRS... Basically, I tried everything I could think of, then everything suggested in the links on the first page of about 10 different google searches. I just have no idea what is going on with this, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Let me know if you need any more info, screenshots, or whatever and I will try to provide. It may be highly "redacted", but I will provide anything I can.

Thanks, Kevin
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.