SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Azure SQL Database Firewall security

Azure SQL Database Firewall security

Author
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (563K reputation)SSC Guru (563K reputation)SSC Guru (563K reputation)SSC Guru (563K reputation)SSC Guru (563K reputation)SSC Guru (563K reputation)SSC Guru (563K reputation)SSC Guru (563K reputation)

Group: Administrators
An article on how to configure and use the firewalls for SQL Azure database

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
swapnachowdary.sri
swapnachowdary.sri
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi Steve,
Am interested to write on this, shall I ? Please post more details.

swapnachowdary.sri@gmail.com
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (563K reputation)SSC Guru (563K reputation)SSC Guru (563K reputation)SSC Guru (563K reputation)SSC Guru (563K reputation)SSC Guru (563K reputation)SSC Guru (563K reputation)SSC Guru (563K reputation)

I'm looking for some articles on Azure, and this is one. There are firewall settings you can make in Azure for your SQL Database.

If you haven't done this or used them, then this might not be for you. If you have, or if you want to gain some experience and then post back, that's fine, but we are looking for some practical settings on how to configure this.

swapnachowdary.sri
swapnachowdary.sri
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)SSC Journeyman (94 reputation)

I worked on it in my previous project. I don't have screen shots though but I can make a clear documentation, i will take appropriate screen shots if find anything online. But the topic is vast..do you have any size limitations for the Article?
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru

I'm looking for a basic, introductory article that gets people to change simple settings. I would guess it's 2-3 pages without screen shots at the most. Feel free to post a short TOC of what you think should be in here.

swapnachowdary.sri
swapnachowdary.sri
SSC Journeyman

ok..Sounds good. Will be sending it by end of next week :-)
swapnachowdary.sri
swapnachowdary.sri
SSC Journeyman

Hi Steve,
Please find attached basic Firewall Setup document fr SQL Azure environment. Please let me know if want to add more or any other modifications required.

Thanks,
Joseph Swapna.
Attachments
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru

Thanks, I'll review it as soon as I can

swapnachowdary.sri
swapnachowdary.sri
SSC Journeyman

Hi Steve,
Did you get chance to review my Article. Also am writing a blog on SQL Server topics. I want it to publish so that others can use my experiences and knowledge. Can you please suggest me on it?

Thanks,
Swapna Joseph.
swapnachowdary.sri
swapnachowdary.sri
SSC Journeyman

Hi Steve,
I sent you few mails but not received replies. Can you check and reply.

Thanks,
Swapna.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.