SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

BCP Error : Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure...

BCP Error : Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.EXTGEN_InitSessionContextSp'.

Author
skb 44459
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
DECLARE @Cmd VarChar(4000)
DECLARE @SProcName VarChar(40)
DECLARE @SP_Parm1Value VarChar(40)
DECLARE @SP_Parm2Value VarChar(4000)

set @SProcName = 'Rpt_JobTransactionsSp'
set @SP_Parm2Value = '|SRMQDIC|,|ROD|,|B|,|HNS|,|0|,|B|,null,null,null,null,|000|,|9999|,|1/1/2013|,|3/17/2013|,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,|T|,null,null,|1|,|0|,|1033|'
set @SP_Parm2Value = REPLACE (@SP_Parm2Value,'|', '''')

-- Build BCP Command
set @CMD = ''
Set @Cmd = @Cmd + 'bcp "exec ' + db_name()
Set @Cmd = @Cmd + '..' + @SProcName + ' '
Set @Cmd = @Cmd + @SP_Parm2Value + '"'

Set @Cmd = @Cmd + ' Queryout '
+ ' "c:\temp\query.txt" '
+ ' -T -c -t^| -S '+ @@servername
SELECT @Cmd
--output looks like this
bcp "exec RSDV_App..Rpt_JobTransactionsSp 'SRMQDIC','ROD','B','HNS','0','B',null,null,null,null,'000','9999','1/1/2013','3/17/2013',null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,'T',null,null,'1','0','1033'" Queryout "c:\temp\query.txt" -T -c -t^|

The following statement works great and gives me desired data in the grid.
exec RSDV_App..Rpt_JobTransactionsSp 'SRMQDIC','ROD','B','HNS','0','B',null,null,null,null,'000','9999','1/1/2013','3/17/2013',null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,'T',null,null,'1','0','1033'

But when i execute the follwing command
EXEC master..xp_cmdshell @cmd

Errors out
output
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQLState = 37000, NativeError = 2812
Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.EXTGEN_InitSessionContextSp'.
NULL

There is a prcedure 'dbo.EXTGEN_InitSessionContextSp' running inside 'Rpt_JobTransactionsSp'.

Whats the workaround for this ?
Sergiy
Sergiy
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)SSC-Forever (44K reputation)

Which server you want your bcp to connect to?
Orlando Colamatteo
Orlando Colamatteo
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (77K reputation)SSC Guru (77K reputation)SSC Guru (77K reputation)SSC Guru (77K reputation)SSC Guru (77K reputation)SSC Guru (77K reputation)SSC Guru (77K reputation)SSC Guru (77K reputation)

Are you sure that is the entire output? I see you are appending -S but it is not in the comment where you say "output looks like this"

bcp "exec RSDV_App..Rpt_JobTransactionsSp 'SRMQDIC','ROD','B','HNS','0','B',null,null,null,null,'000','9999','1/1/2013','3/17/2013',null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,'T',null,null,'1','0','1033'" Queryout "c:\temp\query.txt" -T -c -t^|

Make sure that SSMS is set to return more all the characters, see Tools > Options > Query Results > Results to Text/Grid.

Try taking the [complete] command line output from your code and execute it at a cmd shell prompt, i.e. let's take xp_cmdshell out of the equation for a minute to see if it is part of the issue, or whether we see an issue just using bcp. I think I know what's going on, but please post the results.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
skb 44459
skb 44459
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)

I am running the code from the SQL Server Management Studio.
Do i need to specify the Server name , user name and password ?
skb 44459
skb 44459
SSCommitted

Yes In the code i am appending the Servername but i get same result with or without the ServerName.
Orlando Colamatteo
Orlando Colamatteo
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (77K reputation)SSC Guru (77K reputation)SSC Guru (77K reputation)SSC Guru (77K reputation)SSC Guru (77K reputation)SSC Guru (77K reputation)SSC Guru (77K reputation)SSC Guru (77K reputation)

skb 44459 (3/21/2013)
I am running the code from the SQL Server Management Studio.
Do i need to specify the Server name , user name and password ?

I do not think you do. -T means to use Windows Auth so you only need one or the other.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Orlando Colamatteo
Orlando Colamatteo
SSC Guru

skb 44459 (3/21/2013)
Yes In the code i am appending the Servername but i get same result with or without the ServerName.

Have you modified SSMS so you can see the entire output showing what xp_cmdshell would run? i.e. the entire contents of the variable?

WHen you can, copy the bcp command line and run it directly from a cmd shell prompt. Let us know the output.

skb 44459
skb 44459
SSCommitted

Here is the command and output.
FYI: 'dbo.EXTGEN_InitSessionContextSp' is getting called from Rpt_JobTransactionsSp

bcp "exec PHIL_App..Rpt_JobTransactionsSp 'SRMQDIC','ROD','B','HNS','0','B',
null,null,null,null,'000','9999','1/1/2013','3/17/2013',null,null,null,null,null
,null,null,null,'T',null,null,'1','0','1033'" Queryout "c:\temp\query.txt" -T
-c -t^| -Sphlsqlsl01
SQLState = 37000, NativeError = 2812
Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedur
e 'dbo.EXTGEN_InitSessionContextSp'.
Orlando Colamatteo
Orlando Colamatteo
SSC Guru

And just to confirm, when you run this in SSMS what does it do?

exec PHIL_App..Rpt_JobTransactionsSp 'SRMQDIC','ROD','B','HNS','0','B',null,null,null,null,'000','9999','1/1/2013','3/17/2013',null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,'T',null,null,'1','0','1033'

skb 44459
skb 44459
SSCommitted

i get the desired output.

(1 row(s) affected)

(0 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

(12932 row(s) affected)

then all the records are displayed.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.