SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate
 
Log in  ::  Register  ::  Not logged in
 
 
 


Internal Error: Services limit has been reached


Internal Error: Services limit has been reached

Author
Message
rkaria
rkaria
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Points: 117 Visits: 193
Has anyone had this issue before.

I have a report which has a basic query. It selects several columns from 2 tables.

It has been working fine, but since last week the users get the below error.

"Query Execution failed, Internal Error: An expression services limit has been reached. Please look for potentially complex expressions in your query and try to simplfy them"

Im using visual studio 2008. There are 6 parameters on this report one of which is a date and in the 'where' clause there is a filter to convert to a date format as it is a different format to the date picker.

Other than that I cant see what would be so complex. I did a test by removing one of the parameters and the report worked fine!

Any advise please?

Thanks
Rkaria
H4K
H4K
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Points: 271 Visits: 567
Which parameter did you remove ?

The best thing to do here is, Run SQL Server Profiler to get the exact query with parameters being passed to the database engine.

And run that query on SSMS to check whether it runs fine or not.

BI Developer
SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, IBM Cognos, IBM Infosphere Cubing services, Crystal reports, IBM DB2, SQL Server, T-SQL
Please visit... ApplyBI
rkaria
rkaria
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Points: 117 Visits: 193
One with a list of users.

I have found the issue, it seems to be because of having several IN Clause's.

There are 5 parameter that use IN clauses. When I removed one of them it works. I think the limit is 2100 in the list

Not sure how to get round this.

I have ran the query in Management studio and it works fine.
Go


Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.
You can't delete your own posts.
You can't delete other posts.
You can't post events.
You can't edit your own events.
You can't edit other events.
You can't delete your own events.
You can't delete other events.
You can't send private messages.
You can't send emails.
You can read topics.
You can't vote in polls.
You can't upload attachments.
You can download attachments.
You can't post HTML code.
You can't edit HTML code.
You can't post IFCode.
You can't post JavaScript.
You can post emoticons.
You can't post or upload images.

Select a forum

































































































































































SQLServerCentral


Search