Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

PowerShell SCript to export almost everything from a list of servers

PowerShell SCript to export almost everything from a list of servers

Author
genehunter29009
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item PowerShell SCript to export almost everything from a list of servers
hfxDBA
hfxDBA
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)

Give credit where credit is due
http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/database-administration/let-powershell-do-an-inventory-of-your-servers/
Phil Factor
Phil Factor
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (937 reputation)SSC Eights! (937 reputation)SSC Eights! (937 reputation)SSC Eights! (937 reputation)SSC Eights! (937 reputation)SSC Eights! (937 reputation)SSC Eights! (937 reputation)SSC Eights! (937 reputation)

Some great ideas in this script. Thanks a lot for sharing. I really enjoyed reading this.

Best wishes,

Phil Factor
Simple Talk
genehunter29009
genehunter29009
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)

no doubt I pull a lot of stuff from a million different places and honestly did not intend this version to get posted. It takes a month to get a script published and I had made changes I intended to get put in but got busy. I have a total new version now with two scripts and I take all the fluff out up front to simplify the troubleshooting. I try to put them back in if I can but at the end of the day I try to get things out so others can use them.
Phil Factor
Phil Factor
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (937 reputation)SSC Eights! (937 reputation)SSC Eights! (937 reputation)SSC Eights! (937 reputation)SSC Eights! (937 reputation)SSC Eights! (937 reputation)SSC Eights! (937 reputation)SSC Eights! (937 reputation)

@Gene,

Just send Steve the updated version and he'll probably swap it for the current one. It makes sense just to have the latest and greatest version.

Best wishes,

Phil Factor
Simple Talk
originsone
originsone
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)SSC Rookie (33 reputation)

Found a little bug. It does not seem to work with named instances. I tried putting the name in braces, but it didn't help. If I were a Powershell guru I would attempt to fix it. That is the training I plan on getting next.
genehunter29009
genehunter29009
SSC Rookie

we put every instance on its own port such as 1433, 2433, 3433 so I dont have that issue, but if I get a chance I may look at it.
Leon . Orlov .
Leon . Orlov .
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)

Good read. Must have script in every DBA's toolbelts.

Thanks for sharing

~Leon
Fred Stemp
Fred Stemp
SSC Rookie

Great script! Works perfectly on Default Instances. I just can't get it to work on any of my Named Instances. Like Server\Database. I get connection error messages when connecting to the Instance and path errors when it tries to write the files. Have you been able to look into this issue? Thanks for the hard work you put into this, very useful!!

Frederick (Fred) J. Stemp, Jr.
Database Administrator / Database Developer
Dealer Funding, LLC

'...if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...'
Karin Zirk
Karin Zirk
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)SSC Rookie (39 reputation)

Great scripts and useful for so many purposes.:-)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.