Here is the February 2013 version of my SQL Server 2008 R2 Diagnostic Information Queries, with some minor tweaks and improvements to several of the existing queries. I have decided to split off this into a separate version just for SQL Server 2008 R2. There are also two new queries that I have added this month.
To go with it is an updated, blank 2008 R2 results spreadsheet, where the tabs in the spreadsheet are labeled and in the same order as the queries. The idea is that you can run these queries one by one, click on the top left square of the results grid, and then right-click and select “Copy with Headers” to select and copy the results of the query and then paste them into the matching tab of the results spreadsheet.
One new feature in this version is that I have modified the initial comment for these queries to make them work better with Mitch Wheat’s SQLDiagCmd program that is a standalone .NET program to run these queries and automatically capture the results in a nice Excel spreadsheet (which saves you the time and trouble of doing it manually). Mitch also has a version of the program with a UI that is even easier to use…
Many of these queries only work on SQL Server 2008 R2, although some will work on older versions of SQL Server. If you are using an older version of SQL Server, you should use the version of my diagnostic queries for that version of SQL Server.
You should be aware that both Query 47 and Query 51 could take some time to run, depending on the size of your database and the speed of your hardware and storage subsystem.
As always, I welcome any feedback you may have about these queries.
Filed under: Diagnostic Queries, SQL Server 2008 R2 Tagged: DMV, DMV Queries