Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Top 10 SQL Server Integration Services Best Practices Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 8:06 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Today @ 5:28 AM
can i take back my article rating somehow?

Steve.
Post #984787
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 8:14 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 10:56 AM
stevefromOZ (9/13/2010)

Steve, it's a pure form of plagiarism. But, why take the rating out for article. It's a well written article. Perfect reading to start Monday morning.

SQL DBA.
Post #984794
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 8:50 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 10:12 AM
My apologies for the plagiarism. I have removed the article, and reported the author to OSI Consulting, the employer whose email server was used to send the article in.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #984842
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 8:54 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Today @ 5:28 AM
@Sanjay - The problem is not so much the rating as the attribution of the rating to someone who didn't do the work.

Steve.
Post #984856
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 9:19 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 10:12 AM
SanjayAttray (9/13/2010)
stevefromOZ (9/13/2010)

Steve, it's a pure form of plagiarism. But, why take the rating out for article. It's a well written article. Perfect reading to start Monday morning.

We cannot republish something that is plagiarized. It doesn't matter how well written it is, it cannot be repeated here.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #984874
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 9:27 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Monday, December 16, 2013 10:42 AM
I am thoroughly shocked someone would even think about plagerising at that level. It's almost comical. I've never seen such blatant plagerism, and in a submission to a professional publication at that! (or however SQLServerCentral.com is classified)

Just wow!

Only thing I can say is thanks for bringing this article to light. First time I've read it. Great job to the actual authors!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My SQL Server Blog
Post #984878
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 11:15 AM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Today @ 11:02 AM
r5d4 (9/13/2010)
The article has served to remind me to re-read the original.

I do hope Omeswar is not going to get paid for his Copy and Paste technique.

I strongly suspect he will not.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Post #984960
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 11:16 AM

SSCoach

Trevor R Udden (9/13/2010)
Odanwada -

Did I miss a major citiation at the end of your article? You might want to try not blantly plagirizing others work. The article you claim as yours was originally written by Thomas Kejser and Denny Lee, members of the SQL Customer Advisory Team, and published in 2008.

Here is a link to the original article, and a wiki link to plagiarism, in case you are un familiar with its meaning.

http://sqlcat.com/top10lists/archive/2008/10/01/top-10-sql-server-integration-services-best-practices.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism

Nice spot there. I was getting excited to read this article to find a message about it being plagiarized. Good thing it is on the SQL CAT site.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Post #984961
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 11:18 AM

UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:23 PM
amenjonathan (9/13/2010)
I am thoroughly shocked someone would even think about plagerising at that level. It's almost comical. I've never seen such blatant plagerism, and in a submission to a professional publication at that! (or however SQLServerCentral.com is classified)

Just wow!

Only thing I can say is thanks for bringing this article to light. First time I've read it. Great job to the actual authors!

It's surprising how much plagiarism actually takes place. A discussion here on SSC a while back that started with something along the line of "this person just plagiarised one of my blog postings." ended up with the discovery that many, if not all, of this MS MVP's blog postings were word for word copies of somebody else's blogs.

I wonder if his MVP status has been revoke yet.

Alvin Ramard
Memphis PASS Chapter

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.
Post #984962
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 11:18 AM

SSCoach

amenjonathan (9/13/2010)

Just wow!

Surprising as it may be - it happens frequently. Some have gone to the scale of plagiarizing books with only the cover picture changed.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Post #984963
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse