Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

A new IDE for SQL Server? Expand / Collapse
Author

Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 8:22 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item A new IDE for SQL Server?

Best wishes,

Phil Factor
Simple Talk
Post #936450
Posted Saturday, June 12, 2010 11:29 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:03 PM
"SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is a victory of ingenuity and energy..."

Thanks for a good laugh. I always thought of SSMS as a mobile home attached to the space shuttle.
Post #936485
Posted Sunday, June 13, 2010 2:02 AM

Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Today @ 8:22 AM
Yes, it is what we Irish call a 'Donkey's breakfast'. The individual ingredients are good, but all stirred up together into a strange mash from which it is hard to pick out the raisins.

Best wishes,

Phil Factor
Simple Talk
Post #936496
Posted Sunday, June 13, 2010 4:05 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 8:27 AM
Phil Factor (6/13/2010)
Yes, it is what we Irish call a 'Donkey's breakfast'. The individual ingredients are good, but all stirred up together into a strange mash from which it is hard to pick out the raisins.

Ummm.... careful... those aren't raisins.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #936570
Posted Sunday, June 13, 2010 8:55 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 10:26 AM
There's a reason why I like also having the old Query Analyzer from SS2000 still around, I just wonder how much longer it will work with future versions of SQL Server.
Post #936597
Posted Sunday, June 13, 2010 10:05 PM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Friday, October 3, 2014 2:23 AM
Wayne West (6/13/2010)
There's a reason why I like also having the old Query Analyzer from SS2000 still around, I just wonder how much longer it will work with future versions of SQL Server.

A sharp knife is more useful than a plasma cutter for most jobs.

Post #936603
Posted Monday, June 14, 2010 8:47 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 8:39 AM
As much as I didn't like the MMC move from Enterprise Manager, I think SSMS was a mistake. It's got too much built in, with hidden non-modal windows getting lost, and a pain to navigate through things.

I'd rather have us move back to separate tools for separate functions.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #936895
Posted Monday, June 14, 2010 2:30 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 10:26 AM
Steve Jones - Editor (6/14/2010)
As much as I didn't like the MMC move from Enterprise Manager, I think SSMS was a mistake. It's got too much built in, with hidden non-modal windows getting lost, and a pain to navigate through things.

I'd rather have us move back to separate tools for separate functions.

The window popups are what really bugs me. Plus, when you maximize one window, then close it, SSMS doesn't remember that it was maximized when it was open 1 minute earlier.

I've thought about checking out Toad, but I obviously haven't thought too much about it as I haven't done it yet.
Post #937129
Posted Monday, June 14, 2010 2:50 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Friday, October 17, 2014 7:46 AM
Two things frustrate me about SSMS:
1. Intellisense gets in the way to the point I've got it turned off.
2. When working with a dual-monitor system, with SSMS on the secondary monitor, all dialog boxes pop up in the center of the main monitor instead of the current one.

And a few irritations:
1. Many dialog boxes don't display the proper cursor.
2. The default action for a linked server is to open the properties dialog... but double-clicking it just expands that node in the treeview.

Wayne
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
Links: For better assistance in answering your questions, How to ask a question, Performance Problems, Common date/time routines,
CROSS-TABS and PIVOT tables Part 1 & Part 2, Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2, Splitting Delimited Strings
Post #937140
Posted Monday, June 14, 2010 3:24 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:46 PM
'M' is a name already taken for a language. M is the name for the language once called MUMPS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUMPS
Post #937162
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse