Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12345»»»

Company Rewards Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:34 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Company Rewards

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #904532
Posted Thursday, April 15, 2010 11:32 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, October 16, 2010 2:37 PM
I work in somewhat of a skid row area of Los Angeles. We have several buildings with a secure fenced parking lot.

I would like my employer to sponsor a mobile pet spay/neuter event, focusing on pets and petowners from the neighboring community, as well as employees. A typical event would result in about 35 to 50 dogs/cats being s/n and would typically cost $6,000 and last 3/4 of a day. It would be good PR for the company and would require minimum company staff, mainly opening and closing and perhaps someone with a watchful eye.

This would mean more to me than handing me over $6k in cash to do with as I wish.
Post #904563
Posted Friday, April 16, 2010 12:12 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 7:49 AM
Non-monetary company rewards no-doubt, are special cards of good management to win over employees. But it stands for good management only.

If I be on an executive seat then certainly my employees will win laurels for me and I for them by just regarding their human values. (may be because I am yet non-executive employee so that why I am thinking so…. )

If we just make employees to be more dumb paid professionals only, they will certainty left you even may be single penny above your set payment scale… !!!

And finally
What one thing, other than money, would make you most pleased with your employer?

Quarterly/Monthly tour with colleagues/family.

Post #904573
Posted Friday, April 16, 2010 1:27 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:11 AM
A kettle that we're allowed to use in the office!
This would be both a nice gift and a way to save money by not going to Starbucks :) (Sorry Starbucks - I do love your coffee, it's just the money thing!)
Post #904592
Posted Friday, April 16, 2010 1:51 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:57 AM
My old boss used to reward staff who worked extremely long, unsociable hours with a free day off - a chance to rest and also a thanks for all your work!

Post #904604
Posted Friday, April 16, 2010 2:33 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:32 PM
In one of my previous jobs, we used to have extra holidays if you charged 18+ days in a month as well as cash bonuses and believe me those holidays were the most effective incentive I have seen in practice - everyone was committed to getting those holidays!

I also once "won" a mini competition internally when my boss at the time wanted something technical figuring out. This problem, if resolved, would mean him winning a new contract, so he offered to pay for a night out for the winner and their partner. Let's face it, he didn't have to - we would have done it anyway - but that simple gesture still makes me smile nearly ten years later.

MM

• MMGrid Addin
  • MMNose Addin

• Forum Etiquette: How to post Reporting Services problems
  • Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - by Jeff Moden
  • How to Post Performance Problems - by Gail Shaw

• Post #904617
    Posted Friday, April 16, 2010 2:44 AM
    SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, April 25, 2014 3:49 AM
    A PC upgrade would be great! I tend to over-extend the life of my home PC, so having a new PC, even every other year, would be a great "bonus" to me.

Smaller scale...

Pre-paid gas card?
    Restaurant gift card?

Jim
    Post #904619
    Posted Friday, April 16, 2010 3:02 AM
    SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, September 22, 2014 2:40 AM
    For a bonus, I'll take the money. As a general thing to earn my goodwill, I'll take being listened to. I work as a developer in a fairly big organisation and am constantly frustrated by managements lack of IT knowledge resulting in poor (IMO) decisions.
    Post #904626
    Posted Friday, April 16, 2010 3:32 AM
    SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:48 AM
    Just like everyone else I'd like more of everything but what I would really like is some respect shown to the people who show commitment and achieve results for the business & I would be happy with something as simple as a training plan with the financial commitment behind it to ensure courses can be attended (on relevant subjects, not frivolous stuff) & forthcoming software is available to get some hands on time & experience ahead of need.
    Post #904639
    Posted Friday, April 16, 2010 3:39 AM
    SSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:11 AM
    ooh that last bit's a good one!
    We're just moving on to SQL 2005 from 2000, and I've had absolutely no official training! Never mind a server to play with prior to building the for this release!
    Post #904645
    « Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12345»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse