Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12345»»»

Annoyances Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:53 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Annoyances

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #684751
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 3:10 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, August 10, 2012 6:08 PM
I have a co-worker that likes the lights off... claims they cause too much heat. I don't complain about it much though. I deal with it until it gets too dark and then just turn on the lights.

Live and let live. I find a deep breath and a brisk walk out of the chair usually stem most things. One has little control over their environment, but full control over their own attitude.
Post #684836
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 3:15 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:02 AM
For a conversational starter I have a list :
- Adjusting my chair - other people use my desk when I am not there, we have a large transient population, no problem with that but as a back pain sufferer why do they feel it necessary to fiddle with me chair every time?
- Rudeness - all too often people leap to conclusions and don't like the fit with their ideas so rather than discussing just go off the deep end, we should work together, a weak suggestion rather than none can at least lead to discussion and an agreed result
- People who don't like fresh air - too many office workers seem to like hot & stuffy which just sends me to sleep.
Post #684837
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 4:53 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:43 AM
It's got to be people who don't answer their phone! We're all busy, but sometimes a phone is left ringing for someone else to pick up (we all do it, me included). It's frustrating though...especially when the ringer is turned up to max volume!
Post #684879
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 5:04 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:11 AM
I agree with that last one about the phone ringing, although more annoyed with the caller - if they haven't picked up after the 12th ring, they're either busy or NOT THERE!!

I get frustrated with people dismissing my ideas because "I will learn with experience" - a 19 year age gap really can cause issues! Please - if it's a genuinely bad idea, explain why! Don't just say that I'll learn over time.
Post #684889
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 5:42 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 1:39 AM
Never mind Ben. I'm sure, with a little more experience, you will understand why they can't be bothered to explain
Post #684917
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 5:47 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:11 AM
/* Sigh */ lol!
Well, one of them has just deleted all fact data out of our dev environment... hopefully they will learn from the experience :P
Post #684922
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 5:57 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:07 AM
dphillips (3/27/2009)
I have a co-worker that likes the lights off... claims they cause too much heat. I don't complain about it much though. I deal with it until it gets too dark and then just turn on the lights.

I'm the guy who likes the lights off because we are on an outside wall with plenty of windows. I usually get between 15 and 30 minutes of soothing darkness before a co-worker comes in to turn the lights on. I have a lamp at my desk that I use when I need a little light.

My pet peeves are speakerphone, although I'm guilty (get a headset) and music (get headphones).

Jack Corbett

Applications Developer

Don't let the good be the enemy of the best. -- Paul Fleming

Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question
How to Post Performance Problems
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 1
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 2
Post #684932
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 6:06 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:53 AM
Mobile phones ringing incessantly and people bumping into my chair while walking around other wise its "LIVE AND LET LIVE".

"Keep Trying"
Post #684944
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 6:10 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 8:41 AM
peeves:

speakerphone (get a conference room if more than one of you are crowding around a phone in an open cube)

used to share a cube with a person who tapped out drumbeats to marches on the desk while working... for long periods of time. VERY irritating.
Post #684948
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12345»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse