Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««3,9443,9453,9463,9473,948»»»

Are the posted questions getting worse? Expand / Collapse
Author

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:05 AM
ChrisM@Work (4/19/2013)
Sean Lange (4/18/2013)
patrickmcginnis59 10839 (4/18/2013)
Time and again I've read in the news folks absolutely ruin their own lives over dumb forum stuff even when posting under what they perceive as an anonymous handle. But yeah, I hear you about that 12 step program!

LOL That may be exactly why I don't have a "handle". ...

If you had a handle, you would be a teapot.

Well, a teapot actually requires a handle AND a spout - shortness and stoutness are optional, I believe.

Jason Wolfkill
Blog: SQLSouth
Twitter: @SQLSouth
Post #1444305
Posted Friday, April 19, 2013 5:10 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:28 PM
wolfkillj (4/19/2013)
ChrisM@Work (4/19/2013)
Sean Lange (4/18/2013)
Time and again I've read in the news folks absolutely ruin their own lives over dumb forum stuff even when posting under what they perceive as an anonymous handle. But yeah, I hear you about that 12 step program!

Well, a teapot actually requires a handle AND a spout - shortness and stoutness are optional, I believe.

Although in the next few short summer months, when the sun is shining, and we are greeted with the sound of leather on willow, we do occationally get to spot the lesser known "double teapot"...

Rodders...

Post #1444312
Posted Friday, April 19, 2013 5:30 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:50 AM
rodjkidd (4/19/2013)
wolfkillj (4/19/2013)
ChrisM@Work (4/19/2013)
Sean Lange (4/18/2013)

Although in the next few short summer months, when the sun is shining, and we are greeted with the sound of leather on willow, we do occationally get to spot the lesser known "double teapot"...

Rodders...

"Months"? Alarming optimism, Rod - or are you off to the Caribbean?

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden
Exploring Recursive CTEs by Example Dwain Camps
Post #1444321
Posted Friday, April 19, 2013 6:15 AM
SSCrazy

Last Login: Thursday, August 7, 2014 7:44 PM
This is ... interesting. The town I live in is shut down for a manhunt. MBTA completely shut down. Thanks to the magic of technology, it is still a work day, but man what a weird week. The manhunt is in Watertown, I'm in Newton, both (and several others) are shut down. Hope everyone else in the area has already heard to stay home and inside and is safe.

--------------------------------------
When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams
Post #1444342
Posted Friday, April 19, 2013 6:22 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:48 AM
Stefan Krzywicki (4/19/2013)
This is ... interesting. The town I live in is shut down for a manhunt. MBTA completely shut down. Thanks to the magic of technology, it is still a work day, but man what a weird week. The manhunt is in Watertown, I'm in Newton, both (and several others) are shut down. Hope everyone else in the area has already heard to stay home and inside and is safe.

I've been watching that on Twitter. The Red Cross has posted several tweets on how to keep safe and put your name on a "I'm safe" contact list. I've been retweeting these links as I see them. (WannaBeWriter06). Should I post the link here?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database Administrator

Webpage: http://www.BrandieTarvin.net
LiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/
On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.

Freelance Writer: Shadowrun
Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #1444346
Posted Friday, April 19, 2013 6:49 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:00 AM

Dang.
Stay safe, Stefan.

I had heard on the radio this AM about the "lockdown" of large parts of the Boston area because of the manhunt, and what started it this morning. Hope they catch the second guy, preferably alive.

Again, stay safe.

Jason
Post #1444356
Posted Friday, April 19, 2013 6:52 AM
SSCrazy

Brandie Tarvin (4/19/2013)

I've been watching that on Twitter. The Red Cross has posted several tweets on how to keep safe and put your name on a "I'm safe" contact list. I've been retweeting these links as I see them. (WannaBeWriter06). Should I post the link here?

Yeah, I've already let everyone I know know that we're fine, but I bet the link would be helpful for other people too.

Thanks Brandie.

When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
Post #1444359
Posted Friday, April 19, 2013 6:52 AM
SSCrazy

jasona.work (4/19/2013)

Dang.
Stay safe, Stefan.

I had heard on the radio this AM about the "lockdown" of large parts of the Boston area because of the manhunt, and what started it this morning. Hope they catch the second guy, preferably alive.

Again, stay safe.

Jason

Thanks. What a mess.

Post #1444360
Posted Friday, April 19, 2013 7:03 AM

SSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:48 AM
Brandie Tarvin (4/19/2013)

Yeah, I've already let everyone I know know that we're fine, but I bet the link would be helpful for other people too.

Thanks Brandie.

Hrm. Their list was not what I thought it was. It's a Shelter-in-Place document. @RedCrossEastMA on Twitter twitter.com/RedCrossEastMA.

Public transportation is shut down completely, BTW.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database Administrator

Webpage: http://www.BrandieTarvin.net
LiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/
On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.

Freelance Writer: Shadowrun
Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #1444369
Posted Friday, April 19, 2013 7:25 AM

SSCrazy

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:28 PM
ChrisM@Work (4/19/2013)
rodjkidd (4/19/2013)
wolfkillj (4/19/2013)
ChrisM@Work (4/19/2013)
Sean Lange (4/18/2013)

Rodders...

"Months"? Alarming optimism, Rod - or are you off to the Caribbean?

Chris - fair point. But the summer does last months, albeit that the actual number of sunny days can be measured in days or sometiimes hours!
In my house Summer starts with the first cherry being bowled and ends with the last one. Even if that is in September And it's been rained off

Rodders...

Post #1444384
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««3,9443,9453,9463,9473,948»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse