Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««23456»»

Free Tools for the SQL Server DBA Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, October 18, 2013 4:06 PM
ok, here's another I wrote that is absolutely free and open source:

http://www.codeplex.com/scriptdb

you can use it to script out all database objects from the cmd line. it's nice to automate generation of scripts for checkin to a source control system, for example.

---------------------------------------
elsasoft.org
Post #483217
Posted Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:56 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:17 PM
Yes I agree with Rudy Panigas. This article is about free tools for a DBA. This does not mean tools with trial versions. Please refrain from adding responses with products that are not free.

Nice tool Jezemine. I have recently used it thanks

David Bird

My PC Quick Reference Guide
Post #483219
Posted Friday, April 11, 2008 8:18 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:03 AM
I would recommend SQLDeveloper by Oracle. It has the same feature set as Toad, but is completely free. It can attach to Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server simultaneously. I personally use the Express Manager for most DBA tasks, but SQLDeveloper is FREE and covers multiple databases.

The other nice thing is that SQLDeveloper is cross platform. I have it in Windows, on MacOS X, and Linux. It also runs well in virtual machines.

Bill
Post #483706
Posted Monday, April 14, 2008 8:58 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:06 PM
Jon Monahan (4/10/2008)
I know there's a for fee version available, but there also used to be a free version of SQL Prompt from RedGate (not sure if there still is...). It's great for those extra large databases where you just don't want to have to type all of the names of those tables or SPs... This functionality exists within SSMS 2008 - but seems very quirky so far.

I know that the new version of SQL Prompt is paid.

Fortunately, when they had just begun with the project, they had free distribution of the software, which i have a copy of.

If anyone wants the copy, they can let me know either directly, or guide me to a place where i can upload it, for others to download.
Post #484460
Posted Tuesday, April 15, 2008 9:24 AM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:13 AM
Yahoo email? Not! GMail all the way. There's not even a comparison here.
Post #485113
Posted Tuesday, April 15, 2008 9:47 AM
SSC-Addicted

Last Login: Friday, October 18, 2013 4:06 PM
for web email, I like fastmail.fm better than either yahoo or gmail. been using them for many years.

---------------------------------------
elsasoft.org
Post #485131
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:29 AM

Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, April 17, 2008 10:17 AM
Idera offer free tools- so why don't you have a look there.

John McCutcheon
Post #485698
Posted Friday, April 25, 2008 2:51 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, November 9, 2009 8:16 AM
Oracle SQL Developer with "jtds" is also useful for working with ms sql server 2005 !
Post #490467
Posted Monday, May 19, 2008 4:58 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Today @ 4:21 AM
PSPad (www.pspad.com)
Freeware MDI text editor with colour syntax highlighting for a huge number of formats, including SQL.
Post #502691
Posted Monday, August 18, 2008 9:59 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Friday, May 24, 2013 3:49 AM
AJ (4/14/2008)

I know that the new version of SQL Prompt is paid.

Fortunately, when they had just begun with the project, they had free distribution of the software, which i have a copy of.

If anyone wants the copy, they can let me know either directly, or guide me to a place where i can upload it, for others to download.

Could you upload this tool on gmail or mediafire? I deleted my copy and now i can not find anywhere on net.

Thanks
Sol
Post #554731
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««23456»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse