Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Executing SQL Server Jobs From An External Scheduler Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:49 PM
I'm new to ControlM/EM and SQL Server Stored Procedure but have the task of creating a job where ControlM/EM will execute a SQL Server backup job (already exits in SQL Server Agent) and return a job status. I have taken your procedure and created it in my environment. When I executed the stored procedure in SQL Server 2005, I get an error message as follows: Procedure or function 'uspGetControlEMjobstatus' expect parameter '@Jobname', which was not supplied. (1 row(s) affected) (1 row(s) affected)

Please explain.
Thanks,
VA
Post #972691
Posted Thursday, September 2, 2010 10:10 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, November 27, 2014 8:00 AM
The parameter in the SP expects job name to be supplied. so give the job name that you want to get executed using this procedure.
--Cheers
Sameer Kapur
Post #979681
Posted Thursday, September 2, 2010 10:27 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:49 PM
Just so that you know, I figured that part out but I was trying to figure out how ControlM talks to SQL Server. Since the writing of this, I found out that our environment does not have the ControlM for databases component turned on in ControlM and that's why I couldn't get ControlM to executed the stored procedure in SQL Server. How I resolved my problem was I got a coworker of mine to write/create a program in #C to talk to ControlM to trigger the stored procedure which executes the SQL Server backup and return a condition code as to the success or failure of the backup. Once we get the ControlM for databases component installed, then I'm going to try an set up the job to execute from ControlM directly. I hope this make sense.

Thanks for responding.
VA
Post #979697
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse