Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1234»»

Using Dual Monitors vs Single Large Monitor Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:01 PM
LightVader (5/12/2014)I've used Synergy. It works fairly well, but I always had an issue with it when I tried to unlock my computers. Since both my desktop and and laptop are windows-based, I've switch to Mouse Without Borders. It has a few more features then Synergy, but you lose the cross-platform ability.

Thanks! I'll give it a try as I'm all Windows all the time on the client side.
Post #1570008
Posted Monday, May 12, 2014 12:34 PM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 1:42 AM
thomashohner (5/12/2014)
I have also been reading about portrait mode any one use this? Flip your monitor vertically for longer coding?

Apart from straining the neck, not really, most who I have seen flip it back after a little while.
Post #1570023
Posted Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:25 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Today @ 1:28 AM
Thoughts on this bundle? Seems pricey but I'm a very cheap kind of guy. You guys think this is worth the $750?

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=DP2414H&ST=pla&dgc=ST&cid=262075&lid=4742361&acd=1230980794501410

***SQL born on date Spring 2013
Post #1570867
Posted Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:35 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:53 PM
thomashohner (5/12/2014)
I have also been reading about portrait mode any one use this? Flip your monitor vertically for longer coding?

A few of the Red Gate devs do this. I haven't usually had the space, but I'm thinking to try this with one of my 24" monitors. Course, I want to get a third, 20" one, hooked up first.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1570910
Posted Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:41 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Steve, if and when you get the third please let me know how that goes. I have been debating that also. If two is good threes got to be better

Post #1570913
Posted Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:05 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:53 PM
I used to have four. However on the standing desk, I found myself looking down more than I'd like at the lower two.

One of the lower ones died, and that messed me up for a bit.

What I'd like to do is fix my keyboard situation (on my list) and then put a third monitor in line with the other two (need some stand). Then I'll flip one and use that.

I used to have 3 in a row at a sitting desk, and it worked Ok, but really I used the third one for stuff to monitor, but not really work with. The throw from side to side was too far, and didn't work well for my neck.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1570924
Posted Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:16 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

Nice!, I think the posture neck thing is definetly hard to deal with. Its trying to find that perfect comfortable angle.

This is my office setup currently. It sits a little to low for my liking. Cant raise it because of the way my desk is configured. I will be working from home soon so I will be building a new rig from scratch.

Post #1570932
Posted Monday, June 2, 2014 9:17 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 3:50 PM
My primary computer at work is a laptop with 17" screen, so that and a second monitor (I think 19" - never measured it) is what I use. There's no way I could function with just a single monitor. I also have a second computer at my desk with one monitor I use quite often, and with it I have three monitors at my disposal. I used to use Synergy to share my clipboard between the computers which was NICE, but it's too buggy so I just save to a shared and reopen on the other computer now in the rare occasion I have to copy between systems.
Post #1576633
Posted Monday, June 2, 2014 9:26 AM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Today @ 1:53 AM
I say stick with what works. 2 or more monitors is pretty much a base requirement these days.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Post #1576637
Posted Monday, June 2, 2014 9:35 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

This appears to be a good time of year to shop for some. I just don't know much about the different brands. I do know when I get my new ones finally ordered that I want something good with text, easy on the eyes and HDMI input.

Post #1576642
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1234»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse