Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««34567

Antipathy for Entity Attribute Value data models Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:00 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:40 AM
Though wary of re-igniting the discussion (informative and lively though it has been), I wonder how this relates to the HL7 RIM model (look up RIMBAA) - as I (only partially) understand it this is using the RIM approach, EAV-like, for the data persistence as well as message definition.
Have people used the RIM approach and if so, how did it work in practice?
I have a system to design that won't directly be using healthcare data (so no HL7 use as such) - would anyone recommend for or against using a RIMBAA approach?
Post #1422098
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:08 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 9:08 AM
keith.fearnley (2/20/2013)
Though wary of re-igniting the discussion (informative and lively though it has been), I wonder how this relates to the HL7 RIM model (look up RIMBAA) - as I (only partially) understand it this is using the RIM approach, EAV-like, for the data persistence as well as message definition.
Have people used the RIM approach and if so, how did it work in practice?
I have a system to design that won't directly be using healthcare data (so no HL7 use as such) - would anyone recommend for or against using a RIMBAA approach?

RIMBAA, is that just a proposal for how to model a healthcare related data warehouse, or an operational database?

"The universe is complicated and for the most part beyond your control, but your life is only as complicated as you choose it to be."
Post #1422141
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:12 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:40 AM
I might be getting the wrong end of the stick, but I interpret it as an approach using the RIM design as a working database design - expressing it in SQL Server.
Post #1422144
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««34567

Permissions Expand / Collapse