Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Was This Week A Good Week? Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, October 24, 2014 7:52 AM
I don't find my name in the obituary column. Not too many problems at work. Everybody on the home front is well.
Post #1267384
Posted Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:27 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Friday, October 24, 2014 1:54 PM
A good week is when all issues, inside and outside of work, have been dealt with successfully.

-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers --
Post #1267411
Posted Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:27 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:57 PM
A good week is when I fix more things than I break!
Post #1267412
Posted Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:09 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:10 AM
From a work perspective, was I involved? Did I solve some problems? I think sometimes we forget, being non-customer facing, that we're still in the business of helping people.
Post #1267450
Posted Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:34 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
Tom Brown (3/15/2012)
A good week is when i get unexpected gifts: I did a little website work for my brother-in-law.

(though I may have hinted about the WPF book)

Heh... That gives me a good idea for the name of a book. "WTF in T-SQL".

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1267475
Posted Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:35 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, February 21, 2014 8:14 AM
I think you are correct, Andy: we should have a lot more good weeks than bad weeks or great weeks.

A good week for me is if I can go into the weekend not worrying too much about something, project or personal. If I can keep the gauge in this area, I'm pretty happy.

A great week is when I have a breakthrough, hit a major milestone, have a family experience, etc.

A bad week is if my wife is upset at me. That's also a bad week for the whole family, too.
Post #1267476
Posted Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:59 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, September 19, 2014 7:18 AM
rothj (3/15/2012)
A good week is when I fix more things than I break!

On the button there!

For me, a week without a single meaningful achievement or one that was too full of bureaucracy is my idea of bad week. A good week is where I get to learn, improve something and know I've made things better for somebody else. A great week is where I actually get thanked for having a good week.
Post #1267503
Posted Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:03 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Friday, June 20, 2014 8:23 AM
It's been a long time since I've had a good week. We're short staffed and loosing more staff next week. We're getting issues faster than we can solve them. My only consolation is I'm sure that, in this economy, we're not alone; that many others are in the same situation as we are.

Kindest Regards,

Rod
Connect with me on LinkedIn.
Post #1267510
Posted Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:27 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:54 AM
A good week for me is leaving relatively early Friday afternoon after finishing everything I meant to get done, so that I can start Monday morning with a clean slate.

Unfortunately they are much rarer than I would like.

A bad week is one where Saturday is just another workday.

Post #1267528
Posted Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:40 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Sunday, September 28, 2014 7:02 PM
So far, from what I've read here, it looks like a good week depends on your state of mind.

I'm having a good week this week. I have a project that is 3 weeks over due and has been plagued with bugs (my own), system problems (why can't it work in TEST the same way it works in DEV?) and project changes (users and management). The tester was busy and couldn't test this week in time to get it moved to Production.

She brought me an olive branch. (a stick with a can of olives taped to it.) And I have Friday off. Yeah, it's a state of mind.
Post #1267549
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse