Last week I mentioned that I had put up a few new versions of my index analysis script. Turns out a few people downloaded it and found some issues. I also have been playing with it some more and noticed some quirks that were a bit irritating to me, so there are new versions of the scripts out and available for download.
INDEX ANALYSIS UPDATES
The main updates to the script in this release are the following:
- Fixed new issues WITH Object_ID
- Changed missing foreign key logic to include basic details but not
suggest missing indexes with @IncludeMissingFKIndexes flag
- Fixed issues with missing foreign keys that was not displaying them
- Improved default sort for DETAILED output
- Updated case for case-sensitive collations
INDEX ANALYSIS DOWNLOADS
Click on the following links to download the index analysis script:
- SQL Server 2005 - Index Analysis v9
- SQL Server 2008 - Index Analysis v10
- SQL Server 2012 - Index Analysis v11
Comments and MORE INFORMATION
Let me know if you run into any issues with these scripts, my e-mail address is in the header of all of the procedures. If you are looking for a few hundred pages of indexing information, you can check out Expert Performance Indexing for SQL Server 2012. Along with that, for indexing resources from my blog, check out the index resource page.