- Sword fighting. A friend sent me this, debunks the movie view we have of sword fighting. I can’t say I knew all of this, but if you’ve ever held a sword it’s not hard to realize that it’s going to be an ugly business, not quite the bloodless head lopping seen on the Highlander. Still, I do own a katana just in case I’m attacked by mutant turtles.
- Free security tools from Microsoft. I haven’t tried them yet.
- Send to Kindle for Chrome. Captures the page and sends to your Kindle. Not dumb, but I haven’t fully adopted it yet either. Do I want to use my Kindle for a reading queue? Or am I just saving things that I found valuable? Both?
- Profiler event classes 65527,65528,65533,65534. Found this while helping a friend map some profiler events for alerting. Essentially trace admin events. Kudos to Simon Sabin for making it easy to find the answer.
- Another game as science, Fold.It is about protein folding.
I'm Andy Warren, currently a SQL Server trainer with End to End Training. Over the past few years I've been a developer, DBA, and IT Director. I was one of the original founders of SQLServerCentral.com and helped grow that community from zero to about 300k members before deciding to move on to other ventures.