SQLAndy

I'm Andy Warren, currently a SQL Server trainer with End to End Training. Over the past few years I've been a developer, DBA, and IT Director. I was one of the original founders of SQLServerCentral.com and helped grow that community from zero to about 300k members before deciding to move on to other ventures.

Looking for SQL Speakers Near Wheeling, WV

I had a great call with John Sterrett last week about the possibility of having a SQLSaturday in Wheeling and it looks like the main concern is finding speakers that live within a reasonable driving distance. I love the idea of bringing training events to smaller cities (we’re looking at one in Melbourne, Fla next year) and it’s entirely doable if we build the speaker pool.

So,  if you know someone close to Wheeling that would be a candidate for speaking, post a comment or send me an email.

Comments

Posted by Steve Jones on 19 August 2009

Wow, I checked and couldn't get a flight in there, but Pitt is only 60 mi away.

Posted by Jeremiah Peschka on 19 August 2009

I live in Columbus, and I'll be travelling there. Hopefully I can grab some other local speakers.

Posted by John Sterrett on 19 August 2009

Steve some people believe it is easier to get to Wheeling from the Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) than downtown Pittsburgh.

For those who don't know Wheeling, WV is located in-between Pittsburgh, PA and Columbus, OH.  The link below provides some great info about Wheeling.

I also will do my best to blog about the process of organizing SQLSaturday.  If you would be interested in following along you can do so here.

www.johnsterrett.com/.../sqlsaturday

Posted by Jack Corbett on 19 August 2009

Joe Healy said to contact G. Andrew Duthie, he's the regional MS Evangelist.  Here's his blog, http://blogs.msdn.com/gduthie/.  He's also @devhammer on Twitter.

Posted by Chris Rock on 19 August 2009

When are they thinking of having it?

Posted by jsterrett on 19 August 2009

Chris the goal is early 2010.

Jack thanks for the contact info.  I will get in touch with Andrew.

Posted by jcrawf02 on 19 August 2009

Andy, tried to post on SqlSaturday, but couldn't find a way to register a profile? (I don't have one already from the options)

Anyhow, my suggestion was going to be Jeff Moden, he's in Michigan, but in the same region anyhow. And I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one, since it's only about 3 hours away from me.

Jeremiah, I'm in Columbus too.

Posted by Andy Warren on 19 August 2009

No profiles for SQLSat yet, but we'll look at it - trying to be minimalistic! We do need a speaker registry, think we'll do something about that soon.

Posted by Tim Mitchell on 19 August 2009

I may be available to attend and/or speak, depending on when it occurs.

Posted by Andy Leonard on 19 August 2009

I may be able to make it as well - depending on the Saturday.

:{>

Posted by AllenMWhite on 19 August 2009

Depending on when it is, I should be able to be there.  It's not that bad a drive from Cleveland.

Posted by Rick Kierner on 21 August 2009

Is there a possibility of coupling this type of event with a day of .net style track too?  I live in Columbus, OH and would be willing to speak at such an event but the data track wouldn't be my expertise.

Rick

Posted by Andy Warren on 21 August 2009

Rick, that's up to John and group, but it's a great idea for smaller cities. No reason a .Net track can't be added if there is enough interest.

Posted by Ed Rancher on 21 August 2009

I am from Wheeling.  I'm a SQL DBA in Columbus with 11 yrs experience.  I travel to Wheeling at least monthly.  I would possibly be willing to speak.

Posted by John Sterrett on 17 December 2009

Everyone we are locked in for May 1st 2010. We will focus both SQL Server and .NET

The call for speakers is open. Please use the following url if you are interested in presenting.

www.sqlsaturday.com/callforspeakers.aspx