SQLAndy

I'm Andy Warren, currently a SQL Server trainer with End to End Training. Over the past few years I've been a developer, DBA, and IT Director. I was one of the original founders of SQLServerCentral.com and helped grow that community from zero to about 300k members before deciding to move on to other ventures.

Swiss SQLSaturday

Jack Corbett sent me an email this morning about the Swiss SQLSaturday, very cool! They did a great job on the graphics. First time we’ve had one outside the US and while I wish they had used the main SQLSaturday site, it’s delivering events to the community that matters. I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

And no, I’m not sure why Jack was searching for Swiss SQLSaturday on Tuesday morning!

Comments

Posted by Jack Corbett on 18 August 2009

Just to clarify.  I wasn't searching for Swiss SQLSaturday.  I was seeing if the SQLSaturday site was up as it had been down, and when it timed out Chrome provided a list of search results and the Swiss SQLSaturday site was in the results.

Posted by Tim Mitchell on 18 August 2009

I came across the Swiss SQL Saturday when I tried to secure the SQLSaturday name on Twitter.  Hmmm, when is ski season over there? :)

Posted by Andy Warren on 18 August 2009

Jack, I was thinking maybe you had a bank account over there. Or wanted some SQLSaturday branded cheese or hot chocolate!

Posted by Andy Warren on 18 August 2009

Tim, I'll buy lunch if you'll yodel for Steve's podcast!

Posted by Jack Corbett on 18 August 2009

Tim,

I;d been wondering if who was the SQLSaturday on twitter since I knew it wasn't Andy.

Andy,

I only wish I had the need for a Swiss bank account.

Posted by Andy Warren on 18 August 2009

Same here. Though I don't know why I'd want to have one other than the cool factor, though maybe it just makes people suspicious about why an American bank isn't good enough!

Posted by Tim Mitchell on 18 August 2009

No yodeling, but I might give a hearty "Riiiiii-colaaaaaaa"