Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

LIKEable Brackets Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:01 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:01 PM
Nice topic. I have had to use this as well for searching special characters of this type due to the nature in which the application and database were developed which i inherited. Loads of fun

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden
VLFs and the Tran Log - Kimberly Tripp
Post #777773
Posted Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:02 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:13 PM
Thanks, Hugo, for the practical applications. Didn't think about something like searching the newsgroups.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #777775
Posted Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:45 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:20 PM
Steve Jones - Editor (8/26/2009)
Thanks, Hugo, for the practical applications. Didn't think about something like searching the newsgroups.

Yeah, I once had to write code to manipulate some strings that might contain one of each of these patterns: [1xxx|yyy1], and [2xxx|yyy2]. One condition determined whether the first pattern should be replaced by either xxx or yyy, and another condition had a similar function for the second pattern. And both patterns can be present in a single string. Had loads of fun writing the LIKE and PATINDEX functions for that one!

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
Visit my SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
Post #777819
Posted Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:19 AM

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:26 AM
Hugo Kornelis (8/26/2009)
Oh well, missed a point on a question designed to test something I knew, but learned an interesting thing - humans are still too smart for computers!

Thanks. I made exactly the same incorrect analysis of 2, but decided to read the comments before working out why - so your description of why 2 doesn't work has saved me some brain strain.

Tom
Post #810643
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse