Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

cast, convert and float! Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, November 9, 2012 7:25 AM
Chris Harshman (8/20/2009)
I think the 30% of us (me included) that got it wrong just need to make sure we get our morning caffiene before trying to answer the questions

Yep - add me to that 30% (31%now). Spent too long working out what 21 *0.5 was to remember to check the @c assignment afterwards! Easy point thrown away there! Coffee please. Black. Strong!
Post #775942
Posted Monday, August 24, 2009 11:53 AM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Tuesday, December 9, 2014 8:18 PM
webrunner (8/20/2009)
I just plain got it wrong because of the int @c, after focusing too much on confirming the 21 * 0.5 calculation. Good question in that it highlights rookie mistakes I shouldn't be making....

Ditto . FWIW, though, I would never name an @int variable "c" (or "d")!
Post #776211
Posted Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:39 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:11 PM
JacekO (8/20/2009)
Scary part is over 30% (at the time of this post) got it wrong. Many QoDs are quite tricky but this one is very basic and really not SQL specific (data type conversion or casting is an ABC of any programming language).
Looks like a concept of code review or inspection is missing way too often...

For me the really scary part is that I agree wth JacekO's comment and I got it wrong! Maybe senile dementia is setting in!!!

Tom
Post #874291
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse